• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Munising trails and lodging

Hey Studdog, a buch of my buds are heading to the Buck Horn the same time. I will be in Seney at our Shack the same time also.

The Falls

We ALWAYS make it to the falls for dinner. The food is good and seems the scenery gets better every year, There is a trail right to their door. Not to mention the micro brew is good.

studdog said:
Yes, Its has trail right to it. It is a nice place to eat. Trails east of Grand Marais are in poor condtiion until they receive more snow.

We were on the trail from Pine stump to Grand Maris and back to Pine Stump last Friday (Jan14th). Trails were very good, smooth and plenty of snow--the best snow conditions getting in and out of GM that I've seen in years. Should be even better now with the new snow they got on Monday.

I met a crew from my home town in Munising and used that as base camp. We rode just about 700 miles from Thursday thru Sunday. Snowed hard everyday. We hit everywhere from Paradise in the North East to Marquette in the N.W. and Gwinn/Arnold in the S.W. to Seney/Curtis in the S.E. and just about everywhere in between. Trails were good to go for the most part. Snow is best between Munising and Grand Marais. Thin near Curtis, Lakes are good. Little thin in Gwinn but okay once out of town. Little thin between Harvey and Autrain on north loop due to wind blowing snow off trail. South loop to Gwinn from Munising was great. Otherwise trails were in excellent shape. Buddah we stopped one day at the Midway and I guess I just missed you. I had 20 guys with me so I did not want to bring them down your driveway.

So to answer the question, you can easly ride for 4-5 days to different destinations and not ride alot of the same trails.

Back