• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My phazer,Accents, custom radiator grille, riser block more!

Here are the pics of my sled. The pics are really high resolution so I couldn't post them directly in the forum. http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/checkman39/

Here is my phazer FX, to start I put yellow handguards, ski loops, and sliders on. Then removed the factory decals on the back plastic by the muffler and made 2 custom yellow yamaha stickers. I installed the 4th wheel kit ( I am a firm believer in 4th wheel I have seen many tracks derail the way I ride with only 3 wheels even snocross sleds have 4). Then I made and installed custom tunnel reinforcement braces, I felt I needed more. Also I noted the tunnel has a hole on each side where the skid bolts to it so I put a bolt in each one for more reinforcement. I am 6'4" and weigh 195 lbs. The factory 8 inch of handlebar riser wasn't tall enough( I am a standup rider) so I made a new block at 10.50" and powder coated it black. I then flipped the guage pod around and bent it up and welded a round rod where the throttle cable rubs ( so I don't ruin my cables) and powder coated it black, (factory had round rod on the right side till I flipped it over) and yes the cables and brake hose was long enough for me to do this without extending anything. I have never liked the idea of the windshield turning with the handle bars on any sled so I cut the factory windshield down to 8"( even the low profile windshields were to tall for my taste) and mounted it the black headlight cover. It is very strong wind will not blow it off. I didn't like the idea on the radiator not having a grille in front of it so I made a couple different ones and decided to mount it directly to the radiator ( I didn't want to drill and fasten it to the side cover. I did put silverstars in it too. As for tools like powder coating and milling for aluminum I have access to a lot of tools where I work for free. There definetly won't be another Phazer on the trail like it. So what do you guys think. I am planning to do more to it.

Looks good so far ! I like what you did with the windshield, looks much better than stock, just not sure what protection it will provide. Nice to see the guage relocation finally....keep up the good work ! ;)!

oh you guys are saying what I'm hoping for SNOW!! I woke up this morning to a hard frost and thought is was snow. As for wind protection I'm not worried about it I am normally warm it take a lot to make me get cold. 80 ponies go ahead for the windshield idea it took me about an hour but 20 minutes was determining how short to cut it down. Just make sure you use aluminum or stainless steel fasteners so it doesn't rust.

Back