• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My second time on my new 2010 XTX

gsxr said:
My xtx is awesome , all it needs over stock is pull the front limiters 1 hole , close up the dampening on front shocks then , come six out , open the rebound all the way out !!!!!! Presto a great ride !!!!!!!!! RIDE IT LOV IT !!!!!!!!

THEN ADD THE SC AND SMILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Glen,

How the SC working?

Allan

Look up sj! he will get your sled perfect... did mine. Mine was up for sale with 63 miles on it!!!! Read my posts... I felt the same way... 'JUNK" Not anymore.... sj has the set up an it wont cost a penny more. Just do what he says. I love my sled now... it rails... runs circles around my friends new 800r... Honestly.. no bs. You have the right ski now just to what he says... it WORKs!

sorry man, i feel like an #*$&@

i had to get into an emergency skid refresh on my fathers sled for this weekend

I'll get some measurements up when i get back from Maine..

Yamaxtx fear not. I picked up a '10 xtx, had it studded and had the same comments....it didn't turn, and comparing it to my old XP, I was not impressed. Now before everybody bashes me, things changed.

1st on my list. Carbides...If your dealer installed the "easysteer" runners on your stock skiis.....get rid of them, especially with studs. They have 6 inches of carbide and they feel like less than 4. You can tell they are "easy steers" by the wide flat plate at the front of the runner. Unstudded, go for a 6" studboy or similar. Studded track.....go longer.

2nd on my list. Skiis. The stockers are junk. Lots to choose from, but after reading alot of TY post and knowing my preferences, I picked the Slydog Powderhounds. With Studboys @ 7.5 inches, the sled corners like its on rails when hard packed and floats and manouvers easily in powder. They don't dart either, but neither did the stockers with the easy steers.

I'd also like to try the 6.9 Pilots which I have heard are very good too.

THe one big advantage with this set up is you can lighten ski pressure by playing with the limit strap/spring preload on the front suspension shock. I have played front shock set up and steering gets alot easier with very subtle changes to handling.

I would now say that the sled handles great, and as crazy as it sounds, I somewhat prefer the added weight of the 4 stroke up front.

Why? When you are going through a bunch of sweepers at speed (say 50mph plus) the combo I have will hold its line and corner, and I mean corner. I do get inside ski lift, but we are talking lateral g's here and its going to happen....period, even Formula 1 cars have inside tire float.

Well the weight of the 4 stroke makes ski lift very predictable. I have seen the ski hover 2" over the snow, for 100 feet on a turn and its a hoot, not scarey as it used to be.

Skiis and carbides is where I'd go.

Cheers

xtx

I have only a few miles on my xtx,maybe around 750, but I found that by backing off front spring preload on front shocks and running comp damping real soft and rebound a little on fast side, I set rear shock shoft with springs set on med, center shock tightened uo half inch it rides pretty plush I weigh 210 with gear, I am happy the way it rides

Back