• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help asap!!! With push turbo nytro

striker606

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 yamaha nytro xtx
Ok so I just bought a 2008 nytro with a push turbo on it. It had a bent subframe and cracked oil pan when I bought it so couldn't really hear it run. Got all new parts on it filled up fluids and started it. Engine sounds like it's a fricken haley or somthing. It's backfiring and poping and when it misses it is shooting a small blue flame out the exhaust. It also seems super loud and doesn't sound like a nytro at all. My question is first is all the push turbos super loud? And what should I check? And is there anyone close to North saint Paul MN that would be willing to help?

yes mine is pretty loud when its sitting there running but its not horrible going down the trail. make sure your fuel controller is powering up, if not it will def be running lean without it. do you have a boost gauge and A/F ratio gauge?

My push turbo with the trail muffler wasnt very loud.

Sounds like your exhaust donuts are toast, and possible a cracked exhaust.

Well we figured it out. Pulled plugs #2 cylinder was lean. Pull injectors and cleaned #2 then swapped it out with #3. Did compression tests on alol cylinders and all were around 190 psi. Put new plugs in it and ran it. Still quite a bit of popping. Sounds better when you hit the throttle but idle still wasn't right. So we checked for vacuume leaks and found the throttle body bodies loose where they attach to the head. Tightened them down and boom she sounds normal now. A/f ratios are now around 14.5 at idle but she sounds real good

Back