• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need help C46 suspension install

berge75

Expert
I'm looking for any information on mounting locations for a SC10III C46 ski doo rev skid into my "05 Vector. The stock mounting locations are o so close for sc10 that it will bolt rite in ,but the suspension will not work properly in the stock location.If anyone has installed one of these skids into a yamaha ,I'm looking for the cridical measurements from the drive shaft back.Any other info on it would be very much appreciated as well.

I've done this before. You need to measure the tunnel of the rev from the axle center to the front swingarm hole and the rear swingarm hole. Easiest and quickest way is to take a 4 foot piece of steel and notch it so it fits around the ski-doo axle, then tuck it into the tunnel, mark where the holes should be and then drill them into the steel template you just built. Transfer the template to the Vector and build yourself a set of front plates out of 3/16" aluminum and rivet them into the Vector after you take the old ones out. I have a sc 3 in a Rev and an 05 Vector and I think if you change the rear shock in the Vector you will be happier than the Ski-Doo skid. Just my 2 cents, good luck. I built a progressive rate shock for my Vector and am just amazed at the improvement in overall ride. I smile now whenever I ride it.

ssvolvo said:
I've done this before. You need to measure the tunnel of the rev from the axle center to the front swingarm hole and the rear swingarm hole. Easiest and quickest way is to take a 4 foot piece of steel and notch it so it fits around the ski-doo axle, then tuck it into the tunnel, mark where the holes should be and then drill them into the steel template you just built. Transfer the template to the Vector and build yourself a set of front plates out of 3/16" aluminum and rivet them into the Vector after you take the old ones out. I have a sc 3 in a Rev and an 05 Vector and I think if you change the rear shock in the Vector you will be happier than the Ski-Doo skid. Just my 2 cents, good luck. I built a progressive rate shock for my Vector and am just amazed at the improvement in overall ride. I smile now whenever I ride it.

Thats a good way of doing it ,but now i have to find a ski-doo to copy it from.-I looked at just buying shocks($800) for the vector ,but the negatives(track noise,slide wear,crappy idler wheels,weak front arm) prompted me to try a different skid, plus i got a kick as$ deal on the C46 skid($500)and it has the large body,rebuildable shocks and it's like brand new.The guys that installed them in rx1 seem to like them,so I guess it's worth a try. Thanks for the reply.

Back