• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need Help Starting 04 Warrior Please

amatosrx

Lifetime Member
oK I HAVE A 2004 YAMAHA WARRIOR WENT TO START IT UP AND WILL NOT START. I HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY. USUALLY WHEN I GO TO TURN THE KEY ON I ALWAYS HAVE ALL OF THE GAUGES TURN ON AND THE TACH WILL GO UP TO 12000 RPM THEN IT WILL COME DOWN. NOW WHEN I TURN THE KEY ON THERE IS NOT 1 LIGHT NOR DOES THE TACH MOVE. I HAVE SPARK AND THE MOTOR CRANKS OVER GOOD JUST WONT START. I HAVE CHECKED FUSES BUT I MAY BE MISSING SOMETHING. PLESE HELP THIS MAKING ME CRAZY WORKED FINE IN THE SPRING.

Re: PLEASE NEED HELP WITH 04 WARRIOR.

amatosrx said:
USUALLY WHEN I GO TO TURN THE KEY ON I ALWAYS HAVE ALL OF THE GAUGES TURN ON AND THE TACH WILL GO UP TO 12000 RPM THEN IT WILL COME DOWN. .

I don't think so..... but I might be wrong The tach doesn't cycle up and down until after the engine starts.
If your sled has sat all summer and won't start now, remove the end of the fuel tank vent hose (under the hood, ontop of the left side footrest) and blow into it for about 60 seconds. Try starting after doing this.

i agree, sounds like fuel evaporated from fuel bowls. presurize the fuel tank. best way to prime bowls.

I agree with JDKRXW on the tach gauges as this only occurs on the new Apex/Attak platform. The gauges on the RX platform don't come to life until the motor is running.

Try this tip from LazyBastard to get your sled started. Lots of members have used successfully this technique.

The reason why it is hard to start is that the fuel pump needs to be primed. When there is no gas in the fuel pump, it has a very hard time moving the gas (it has to lift it up out of the tank).

There's a fuel tank vent line that connects onto the frame on the left side behind the secondary clutch. Yank it off and BLOW into it (with your mouth), pressurize it as hard as you can that way, then PLUG the hose and hold for 15 seconds. Crank it with the choke on and it should fire right up.

By the way, should turn your Caps Lock key off. Posting messages in all capital letters is interrupted as SHOUTING at people. ;)!

Starting sled after storage

For any of the 4 cylinder sleds the easy way to start them is to take the air box off and squirt a little gas in each carb. This should fire the sled up and pull the gas up from the tank. Leave your choke on full while starting. Just like the drag cars do to fire up them beasts.

Had the same problem last weekend, I took off the Gas Cap and with a gloved hand covered the gas tank opening and with my other hand took a air hose and placed the tip between two fingers of the gloved hand and GENTLY pressurized the gas tank. Leave the choke open and 5 seconds of cranking later it fired right up!

Regards.

Paddy

start up

just leve the gas cap on and blow in to the gas tnak vent line or add air from air compreser (small amount,s ) this will fill the float bowl,s and prime the fuel pumps. another good reson to install an el fuel pump. i now just have to turn my key on and wait for the pump to shut down them start :tg: ;)! simple and it works.

Lots of good ideas here!. However, people often over do engine starting fluid. This can harm the engine. Also, do not overdo the compressed air thing.

I usually take out a couple of plugs and dribble a little gas in the cylinder. This not only tests for spark, but will cause enough vacuum to get the gas flowing.

Len Todd said:
.........usually take out a couple of plugs and dribble a little gas in the cylinder. This not only tests for spark, but will cause enough vacuum to get the gas flowing.

AHHHH the good old 2 stroke days.

Ya. Back then you either knew how to do this or you went to the Doc for frequent back realignments, and you re-built the recoil assembly a lot.

Back