• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help with suspension

Crisse55

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx 1050cc 2009
Wildcat 700cc efi 1996
Escapade 503cc 1987
Astro sno-jet 340cc 1977
Zrt 1000cc 1997
Im new to 4stroke,i just got this yamaha nytro xtx 2009 last night and the suspension doenst come all the way up,suspension will only come half way.The nitrogen shock is good.I noticed the spring of the front shock in the track is not seated properly and the top of where the spring seat is broken and bend,Could it be because of this?Or something else.Tension spring is set on H

Typical of the Nytro rear. My 09 did the same for yrs, as have other's Nytros. Not much you can do with it unless you make some changes. I chose the Star Relocate Kit, and that solved my sag issue, and gives the sled much better ride in the rear.

My 09 xtx does not sag at all without someone on it and comes right back up. Though i have read that it is not uncommon, but it also sounds like you have some broken stuff that needs addressed. Get that fixed before you start adding aftermarket relocate kits and such. Since it sound like the shock will have to come out and the spring will have to come off (if i am understanding your description) you may want to consider getting it valve'd and sprung for your weight and riding style.

with fresh shocks on the 11 apex xtx (same skid) it does not come all the way to the top. usually have to pull the bumper up the last 4".

you do need to get that front shock fixed and a re-valve is not a bad idea.

I should have mentioned that along with the Star Kit, I also had my shocks resprung and rebuilt front and rear...

with fresh shocks on the 11 apex xtx (same skid) it does not come all the way to the top. usually have to pull the bumper up the last 4".

you do need to get that front shock fixed and a re-valve is not a bad idea.
I put all new bushings on mine, it came with an upgraded rear end too, but start with grease, TLC, and new bushings and see where you end up...

Even with lithium grease and the stock springs, mine never came all the way up on it own. I use a much more evil grease now that soap and water beads off on when I get it on my hands.

I rebuilded both suspension and it still sag...Torsion spring are set to heavy,i'll post a video later today,If i lift it up,it will stay like that,but once there's a load on it and we remove the load,it wont go back up and stay low on ground

hmm. mine comes up some but does not come all the way up unless lifted there but been that way since new after the 1st big hole i hit to overcome the sticktion on it when it was new. it crunched in that 1st big hit and has been smooth as silk since.

Mine is totally rebuilt, new bushings and HyGear aftermarket suspension (rear shock rebuilt 2017) and it sags 2-3" too... Told how they were designed to sit in suspension... Works and feels great w correct setup. I use synthetic grease everywhere so slick, if your bushings are old and dry I suspect not pleasant and will stick down 4-5".

Back