• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need speed help...f7 keeps kickin my butt

wcfpusher

Pro
Website
www.willclan4food.net
ok...i have a 2007 rtx with 600 miles on it. super Q exhaust...other than that 240 1.450 studds. he has a 03 f7 worked...speedwerx pipe..airbox mod and timming key. he pulls on top end pretty good. he is about 40 lbs lighter than me but can i get more top to beat him? need yami riders help here! I havnt enrichened the sled yet with the onboard tuning...stock clutching too :4STroke:

Without gearing and clutch work all those studs are killing your top end. When I had 192 in mine it hooked like crazy but with all the extra weight I lost a crap load of top end. The exhaust is most likely not helping either without a fuel controller.

tough to beat a sled that weighs 100lbs less, has an efficient drag race chassis and is probably making the same HP as you...maybe consider Ulmers airbox mod along with a clutch kit...F7's are pretty quick sleds and even quicker when properly modded. I had an 06 F7 with mods and could walk Apexs...except in powder...use conditions to your favour.

Clutch kit for sure!

elcho keith said:
your sled isnt broken in yet! still, the 03 f7 was one fast machine. you're gonna need some gearing. good luck.

X2...........03 F7 tuff sled to beat very fast machine. Maybe if you race him 500 miles you can beat him when he burns down. :)

03 F7 well tuned is a serious contender for any sled.
A good running apex is lucky to keep a well tuned f-7 in sight. There are however a lot of bad running f-7.s out there so don,t be mistaken for a turdie one.

Turk said:
03 F7 well tuned is a serious contender for any sled.
A good running apex is lucky to keep a well tuned f-7 in sight. There are however a lot of bad running f-7.s out there so don,t be mistaken for a turdie one.

x2, but his 240 studs is not helping him on top end....

wcfpusher said:
ok...i have a 2007 rtx with 600 miles on it. super Q exhaust...other than that 240 1.450 studds. he has a 03 f7 worked...speedwerx pipe..airbox mod and timming key. he pulls on top end pretty good. he is about 40 lbs lighter than me but can i get more top to beat him? need yami riders help here! I havnt enrichened the sled yet with the onboard tuning...stock clutching too :4STroke:
The RTX only has 22/38 gearing. It won't pull much more then 111-113 on good snow/ice. You need to gear it to 23/38, plus some clutching and remove studs. Run 144, 1.450 Woody's megabytes. You are way over studded for a stocker. But most are right, it will wake up a bit more at about 1000 miles mark, but I still believe the gearing and your studs will hurt you on top.

You absolutely have to change your gearing if you want more top end. The 22/38 is killing your top end. Go with a 23 or 24 on top. It will really pick up your top end, then do some clutching, You're over studded but I wouldnt recommend taking any out just run it for now until you need a new track but definately the gearing has to be changed, do that asap!!

I noticed most replies suggested going to a 23 tooth top gear. Would 24 be to much when running on hard pack or the lake ??

Back