• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need speed help...f7 keeps kickin my butt

Cobalt said:
I say you race them all for 15 miles, you will surely be the winner and most likely the only one to make it, 4-strokes can handle 15 miles WOT!

That was why I originally bought a yamaha 4 stroke, I run 15 miles + at WOT on a regular basis. I see a 2 stroke blown up on one of our lakes every weekend. The 4 strokes can take it and love it...

I ride with buddys who all had F7s (one was a 03 standard, one was a 05 SP and one was a 05 standard)when i first bought my apex.. THey all had them heavily modded.. BMP billet heads, Pipe mod, Y-Pipes, studs, timing keys etc etc etc etc.. And i never lost a race to them.. If i were to remove the transfer rod from my sled it wasnt even a race.. I would be 10 lengths ahead of them out of the hole and they would have to play catch up which NEVER happened..

all i did was gear down one tooth to a 23T top gear and changed out the secondary spring to a white ATTACK spring and helix.. BBY a ty member gave me the setup..

When these sleds loosen up they run harder... Also make sure you set your transfer rod to max..

I would take out 100 of those studs.. Way too many.. IM only running 111 studs in mine with double backers..

Dont get me wrong the F7 is an extremely fast sled when setup right.. and my buddys sleds ran hard.. but i always seemed to be 3 lengths ahead even on there best day..

"all i did was gear down one tooth to a 23T top gear and changed out the secondary spring to a white ATTACK spring and helix.. BBY a ty member gave me the setup.."

I believe the Attak and Apex use the same helix. The white spring was debated for months but never saw any definitive conclusion. Thanks for the update, I wanted to try the white spring and will based on your comments.

so my transfer rod in the back...on the rtx. Do i loosen the nuts up and spin the lock nuts all the way down tward the ground so the sled can tilt way back?...sorry i am very new to sled suspension.Another question...what if i pull it all the way out? will i hurt anything on bumpy trails or should i just not go there?

if you pull it all the way out you have a greater chance of breaking your W arms.. On the tool in your box for the transfer rod there is a gage for length, so you want to turn the nut until there is the proper amount of thread showing in correspondence to where you want to be on the gage.. I have mine set to a notch under max.. If you go max the transfer rod can break a lot easier.

#1APEXRIDER said:
Holy $%^t, ! WOT for 15 miles+ sometimes !!!!
The farthest I would be going WOT is like 1/2 mile, if that. Looks like 23 tooth would work best for me.
Not that it matters, but I run with Cats, Doos, and Dragons, and they always like to compare fill up quantities. Would the 24 tooth top gear help in that area ? It is really hard to come close to the doos in mileage.

i have ran flat out for 17/18 miles, with 4 road crosings... longestst leg is probly 8/10 miles

wcfpusher said:
i never got the tool for adjustment? now what

As far as I can tell Apex88 is refering to the Monoshock setup--- Not our Proactive CK skids. There should be a wrench in your tool kit for the rear nuts, Drop them down till you kit the marking on the shafts (the stoping indicater) My apex could launch dead even with a 800R last year with this setting.

welterracer said:
I ride with buddys who all had F7s (one was a 03 standard, one was a 05 SP and one was a 05 standard)when i first bought my apex.. THey all had them heavily modded.. BMP billet heads, Pipe mod, Y-Pipes, studs, timing keys etc etc etc etc.. And i never lost a race to them.. If i were to remove the transfer rod from my sled it wasnt even a race.. I would be 10 lengths ahead of them out of the hole and they would have to play catch up which NEVER happened..

all i did was gear down one tooth to a 23T top gear and changed out the secondary spring to a white ATTACK spring and helix.. BBY a ty member gave me the setup..

When these sleds loosen up they run harder... Also make sure you set your transfer rod to max..

I would take out 100 of those studs.. Way too many.. IM only running 111 studs in mine with double backers..

Dont get me wrong the F7 is an extremely fast sled when setup right.. and my buddys sleds ran hard.. but i always seemed to be 3 lengths ahead even on there best day..

Don't get me wrong Welt, I'm a Yammi guy..bleed blue, but I've owned a modded F7 and have buddies that had fast stock F7s... there is no way you put 100ft out of the hole on a heavily modded F7...I don't buy it...a couple lengths maybe ( on a stocker )..but 10? Your buddies F7s must run like crap and don't hook or you were in real powdery conditions.

F7

My buddy had a 03 F7 that was the fastest one that I have seen.
I was able to beat him consistantly.
I have a Cobra track , geared 22-40 and clutched. I am sure that he could beat me on top end, but to a 100, it never was a contest. Neither one of us was studded, but he did have the deep lugged track.
He had a hard time with me beating him all of the time so he sold his sled and bought mine. I now have a 2011 Apex XTX and I am sure it will take some tinkering to be able to beat my old 07 Attak GT.
Kind of nice seeing a die hard Arctic Cat guy buying a Yamaha.
Jim

shaddow44 said:
welterracer said:

Don't get me wrong Welt, I'm a Yammi guy..bleed blue, but I've owned a modded F7 and have buddies that had fast stock F7s... there is no way you put 100ft out of the hole on a heavily modded F7...I don't buy it...a couple lengths maybe ( on a stocker )..but 10? Your buddies F7s must run like crap and don't hook or you were in real powdery conditions.

Here we go again :dead: I have owned both sleds in every configuration on my f-7's from big bores to stockers to ported stalkers and unless the firecats have a big bore in it equally tuned and equall traction the Apex will win on a lake run, been there done that. ;)! As for gearing the 24 gear always seems to work best for me. :yam:

stone88 said:
shaddow44 said:
welterracer said:

Here we go again :dead: I have owned both sleds in every configuration on my f-7's from big bores to stockers to ported stalkers and unless the firecats have a big bore in it equally tuned and equall traction the Apex will win on a lake run, been there done that. ;)! As for gearing the 24 gear always seems to work best for me. :yam:

The 24 gear wins on top end, but does not help 0-100. The 23 gear works better in that reguard.

Back