• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need tunnel measurements

MA03RX1ER

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX and 2003 RX1 w/MTN Conversion
I'm trying to install an RX Mtn skid into my RX1 ER and I obviously need to change the mounting points. If anyone has their sled apart, do you think you could measure out where the H arm bolts, as well as the front driveshaft, and the rear mounting points?

Thanks!!! There's not many mountain sleds here in Massachusetts... MPI wasn't helpful when I called them.

*Bump* Can anyone help? My sled has been out this whole season. :( Primarily I just need to know where the front of the skid mounts on the tunnel.

Is is a 05 Pro Mountain skid or 03/04 Pro Action Mtn skid? I installed a 153" Pro Mountain Nytro skid in a 04 RX-1 shorty, in the pic I think I moved it straight back from original mounting point not sure how far approx 7" I think. I used Apex Mtn rear brackets for the rear, the locations were easy to match as they are contoured to fit. Sorry I can't help more, sold the sled!

Attachments

• P1000495.JPG
    P1000495.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 200
This one is an '03 Pro-Action skid. I really don't know the differences between the two. Thank you for your info though, that does help!!

You may have some trouble getting help as that would not be a very popular mod. The proaction is not considered a very good suspension and I would suspect that most long track mods done with a stock skid would have gone the promountain route.

Holes

If you're installing an 03 mountain skid in an 03, or 04 RX-1 shorty, the holes are already there. Yamaha drills the same amount of holes in every skid, they just aren't all used. Instead of the front mounting bolt being in the front of the footrest on the shorty skid, it'l be towards the back of the footrest. The rear mounting point of the shorty skid will be your midpoint for mounting your long track, and once you put the rear tunnel extension on you'll be able to figure out where the rear brackets will go. Any questions send me a pm and I'll shoot you some pics. Hope this helps.

Holes

If you're installing an 03 mountain skid in an 03, or 04 RX-1 shorty, the holes are already there. Yamaha drills the same amount of holes in every skid, they just aren't all used. Instead of the front mounting bolt being in the front of the footrest on the shorty skid, it'l be towards the back of the footrest. The rear mounting point of the shorty skid will be your midpoint for mounting your long track, and once you put the rear tunnel extension on you'll be able to figure out where the rear brackets will go. Any questions send me a pm and I'll shoot you some pics. Hope this helps.
I AM PUTTING IN A PRO ACTION SKID INTO MY 04 RX1 SHORTY CAN I GET MEASUMENTS FROM YOU FOR INSTALL LOCATIONS ON THE REAR BRACKET AND THE MIDDLY MOUNT FROM THE TOP OF THE TUNNELL. I KNOW I HAVE TO DROP THE SKID BUT I DO NOT KNOW HOW FAR AND I AM FINDING IT IS NOT A POPULAR MOD. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I PICKED THE SLED UP WITH 7000 MILES FOR 1200 BUCKS PERFECT WORKING ORDER EXCEPT THE SKID WAS BUSTED I FOUND A PRO ACTION SKID FOR 100 BUCKS AND FIGURED IT WOULD LINE UP. I WAS WRONG HAHA

I have everything that you likely need including the measurements and brackets. I live just south of the bridge. Give me a ring and I will try to help you out. nine eight 9 306 one one eight 6.

(And I promise you will like the price of anything I have that will help you.... anything but shocks are free)

Don

If someone with an 03-04 Mtn can post pictures of mounting points, (or PM them) I'd appreciate it. I have had the skid in the sled for the last 2 years and I think the front shock went, but the dealer is saying that my geometry is all jacked up. Pretty sure I have it mounted correctly but I'd like some confirmation. I'll post pictures of my mounting for reference.

At least the front 2 holes look right to me. The rear brackets are different than what I had on mine and I have since changed them out. However, I do have a skid off of my 03 mountain with less than 1000 miles on it. Shocks are still as good as the were ever.... Front one is yours for the cost of shipping if you want it.

At least the front 2 holes look right to me. The rear brackets are different than what I had on mine and I have since changed them out. However, I do have a skid off of my 03 mountain with less than 1000 miles on it. Shocks are still as good as the were ever.... Front one is yours for the cost of shipping if you want it.

They're MPI brackets, that's why. I'll take you up on that offer, shoot me a PM!

They're MPI brackets, that's why. I'll take you up on that offer, shoot me a PM!
Hey wondering if you ever got that suspension all figured out im in the process of doing the same any help would be appreciated

Back