• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Needing carbide suggestions.....

sconnierider

Extreme
I am running an '03 RX1 with 144 studs down the center on the factory track on an M10 suspension. I also run a 13mm anti-sway bar. I weigh 225 lbs soaking wet. Running factory front shocks with the preload set about dead center.

My skis feel somewhat heavy & darty at present. I have my limiter strap moved out to lessen this but the problem remains.

I am not expecting the carbides to be a miracle cure. I do need a new set of carbides so I thought I'd pick the collective grey matter of you guys. If I can lessen the nervousness, I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks in advance folks and Happy Holidays!

DJ in Green Bay

6-8in shaper bars with dartless plates
let off the preload on that front end till the springs get loose, lower the front end, you already have the larger sway bar which is a must for this sled.
shapers make any ski bite better in a corner and dartless plates take away any darting for the least amount of money.

There are a million answers to this question and if money is no object then there is a better solution than this one but...

When I first got my machine last season I wondered what I got myself into. Did the same upgrades on the front as you and also through on a pair of straight rate springs for good measure. It still darted and steered like a nervous train. I found the last guy put on a set of aggressive 8 inch single carbides. Certainly not the answer. I swapped that out for some decent 6 inch and then a set of the "dartless" units a member on here dreamed up. They are on ebay a made out of hardox and last as long as carbides do. They were only $40 and took all the problems away. I am sure some of the more expensive commercial solutions would work also, but this worked for me and I could not be happier. Do some searching and you can read up on what the guy did to come up with the final design and you can even make your own out of black pipe but they won't last. I feel they are a steal at the price and would not even attempt it on my own when he has done all the work for us.

Side note I am putting a M10 in this week. What do you think of yours and any tips?

On my shorty my control arms are straight accross stock skis and 8 inch duallys I have no darting the womens 03 mountain darted so bad it was scary to take it over 25 mph so I found the front end bushings were bad replaced them and set of 8 inch duallys she said night and day difference now she can go way over 25 mph bushings and duallys both from pieneer site sponsor do what bethviper said about set up then its a matter who you ask he seems to be the suspension set up guy I have no opinion about the shaper bars but just make sure your front end is tight before you do any thing or no matter what you do darting will never go away hope this helps

x2 on the dartless.i dont have a lot of different saddle time or adjustments to compare them to but i can tell you it ran like it was on rails last year.

Back