• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 100% plastic bar ends.....pics

I notice I use the left hook all the time, but I don't use the right one since you cant move your hand out that far and still operate the throttle.

ski-bum said:
I notice I use the left hook all the time, but I don't use the right one since you cant move your hand out that far and still operate the throttle.
That's true, it is more on the left side. But then again, If I was too remove the right hook, I would need to extend the right one out an inch because without the hooks the bars seem very narrow.

SRXSRULE said:
This is a continue from my first post today about testing with no Hooks. I got good enough results with no ends that I want to make plastic ends to test out. Here is the result. The ends continue past the grip a 1/2 and then have a 3/8 wide knob on the end to keep your hand from sliding off. My hands fit perfect on them. I will test ride it again tomorrow night with temp results. ===SRXSRULE===

Very nice job. I was thinking of turning some ends also but only have white rod. Where did you get the grey stock? I was thinking of making a flare on the end kind of like the 05 grips look like. Did you try filling the bar with foam yet ? Again nice job.

This is plastic that I use to make the 2"1/4 idler wheels. It machines very nice and is almost a perfect color match to the stock grips. I have not installed the foam yet as I want to leave it out for another option if this set-up isnt hot enough. ===SRXSRULE===

If I put the balls on, and can't find a good spacer, I'll cut one of my hooks up. If I find the need to look cool, I'll wear sun glasses like the brothers do.

1 hour test ride this afternoon. same conditions as yesterday, 5-10* temps and same gloves on, head lights on low beam, hand and thumb warmers on max. After 5-10 minutes my hands are warm, after 20-30 min they are hot, almost to the point where I needed to turn them down so I stopped, quickly pulled out the temp gun and got 122* left and 115* right. Grips feel great with new ends on and never once did my hands get cold, not even my pinky which was always frozen in the past.
Now, the bad part........My thumb warmer crapped out!! My hands were so warm I didnt notcie my thumb cold. So when I stopped I looked at the warmer and it had ice on the back. lol Maybe the wiring came unhooked but who knows.
If anyone wants a set of these I will make them, But I dont know how soon I can get them done. Maybe early next week I can make a few sets. ===SRXSRULE===

Will do. I forgot to add, There was an Attack riding with me and his sled is all stock yet. right after I checked my grips at 122* his check at 88* So, I got a 34* improvement by removing the aluminum heat sink. ===SRXSRULE===

Back