• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new cat Garmin tread kit work on sidewinders?

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
will the new cat gps work with our sidewinders

I saw this product was out and I’m interested as well - unfortunately, there isn’t much info out about it. I’m hopeful that the grass drags/snowmobile show up in Epping, NH happens this year so I can talk to the folks at Cat and see if I really want to pull the trigger…

I think I would get the NS-1 system before I did that. Cheaper and way more features. I am thinking about on for my new winder.
1626709627069.png

I think I would get the NS-1 system before I did that. Cheaper and way more features. I am thinking about on for my new winder.
View attachment 162090

I don't disagree, but I will say (my opinion being less valuable than $0.02) that the NS-1 system doesn't have a great "eye candy" appeal to it. I wish that the mount wasn't two hand screws that hold the screen down and also filled in the gaping hole behind the screen. It also looks like you still need to buy an external device in order to use the group ride functionality (so we're back to nickel-and-diming each gauge - I don't think there's one "bad" choice).

Then again, to each their own...

I saw this product was out and I’m interested as well - unfortunately, there isn’t much info out about it. I’m hopeful that the grass drags/snowmobile show up in Epping, NH happens this year so I can talk to the folks at Cat and see if I really want to pull the trigger…
As of now, I believe that show is on. I have been going to that since the beginning. I have got a lot of good deals there.

I have never seen one in person so I cant comment on the looks.
I like the fact on the NS-1 that I can change the gauges to analog style. I REALLY miss analog gauges on sleds. I dont like any of the new digital gauges from any of the manufactures.

I have never seen one in person so I cant comment on the looks.
I like the fact on the NS-1 that I can change the gauges to analog style. I REALLY miss analog gauges on sleds. I dont like any of the new digital gauges from any of the manufactures.

If I could put a Vector gauge on my 'Winder, I would be a VERY happy person!

Ns1 for sure, has some data logging, gps is great loaded with trail maps, and more.

Back