• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Member to group, not sledding

Bearman

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha VK Viking Professional
Hi Everyone, looks like an interesting crew and I look forward to joining the group and participating in the group. Seen some interesting posts all ready so had to join ty4stroke and get involved and gain some valuable information from within the group. New ride is 2021 VK Viking Pro, 3 days old, and big snow on the way this weekend, very awesome. I go by Bearman and that suits my appearance and demeanour. Have been off the snow for several years but have about 30 years under my belt, mostly in BC, but also NT, Alberta and now Saskatchewan. Also own 1995 Vmax 4 ST, 1995 Phazer 2 ST and another 340 Skidoo about 85, not sure on the doo.
I believe in learning as well as sharing information if I can.
Cheers,

welcome!

Welcome, you are going to enjoy that sled more than you can imagine. Especially in big snow. We just got 20 inches in 24 hours and that is more than we see on the ground some winters. The wife had to go to town and we weren't plowed out. I used the VK to drag her out to the road. Don't hesitate to get the 11 inch skins.

Yes welcome to site and enjoy the site, a lot of knowledge to be learned

Welcome, you are going to enjoy that sled more than you can imagine. Especially in big snow. We just got 20 inches in 24 hours and that is more than we see on the ground some winters. The wife had to go to town and we weren't plowed out. I used the VK to drag her out to the road. Don't hesitate to get the 11 inch skins.

Thks for the welcome,
Who has the 11 inch skins? I can see them being big time useful as the Viking is a lot of sled, eps is sure nice, the sled was my first choice and I had a very, very hard time to locate a 2021 in Western Canada, I actually got mine as a trapper from the NT decided on the std vk, so declined his Viking order, my win for sure. Do you run a coolant heater, I can see one in my future, charger all ready coming in for maintenance. Still very much learning, storm incoming right now so learning curve will be ⏫. Cheers

The 11 inchs skins are from Yamaha, about 225 for a pair up here. I run a coolant heater but in some ways I wish I had one of the auto cold start rigs. We were out in -40 and my solution was to start the sled at bedtime, once in the night(ie. pee time) and again first thing in the morning. Otherwise the sled sits for 12-15 hours. Coolant heater and a genset works too but the sub -25C to -30C mornings are this sleds main weakness for my needs when away from home overnight.

The 11 inchs skins are from Yamaha, about 225 for a pair up here. I run a coolant heater but in some ways I wish I had one of the auto cold start rigs. We were out in -40 and my solution was to start the sled at bedtime, once in the night(ie. pee time) and again first thing in the morning. Otherwise the sled sits for 12-15 hours. Coolant heater and a genset works too but the sub -25C to -30C mornings are this sleds main weakness for my needs when away from home overnight.

Hi again Yukon MP.
Thanks for the pricing info on the skins. The auto start system is a great idea when you are out in the bush and have no electricity for overnight or longer. Cold soak is an issue for any equipment, up at the Ekati Diamond mine, NT we even had a warming shed for broken down machines ,just to preserve heat and allow a protected area out of the elements. Any thoughts of a small Honda Generator, I have an EU1000 that’s pretty compact? Could keep it in your sleeping quarters overnight, just a thought. Cheers, Bearman

That would work ... but my genny would be blue!

Back