• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New owner - 2005 RS Vector

jucamvil

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector
Hello guys.
I just bought a Vector and would like to know what are the first things you would do regarding maintenance and inspections. It's my first sled so all your advices are very welcome.

Thank you

Juan

welcome!

i would check if the timing chain tensioner has been updated as it was a known issue for that era sled. just need a mirror to check the colour of the paint on it.

repacking the speedo bearing and jack shaft bearing are an annual thing for the sleds at my place. check wheel bearings, slide thickness and grease suspension will do it for rear. front, check that there is still carbide on wear bars and run it.

repacking the speedo bearing and jack shaft bearing are an annual thing for the sleds at my place.
Thanks Maim.
Are those bearings located in the clutch? Any particular step-by-step you would recommend?

Thanks again

Thanks Maim.
Are those bearings located in the clutch? Any particular step-by-step you would recommend?

Thanks again
you need to pull the drive belt off. then you remove the secondary clutch and the jack shaft bearing is behind the clutch. i pick out the seal, with the snap rings removed, then clean out the grease with brake clean. i re grease it using a needle greaser in place and re install almost everything. i leave the clutch off until i have done the same thing to the speedo bearing witch is below it on the same side.

as to the clutches, just blow them out with compressed air to remove the belt dust.

Hello guys.
I just bought a Vector and would like to know what are the first things you would do regarding maintenance and inspections. It's my first sled so all your advices are very welcome.

Thank you

Juan
I just recently bought an 06 myself and have gone through my pre season maintenance . There’s everything you need to know in these forums . Tons of valuable info . You come to the right place for sure .

I just recently bought an 06 myself and have gone through my pre season maintenance . There’s everything you need to know in these forums . Tons of valuable info . You come to the right place for sure .
Make sure you check out the TY info, then TY tech section located under the 3 lines in the top left corner .

Out of curiosity, how many kilometers on your new sled? As it will determine what needs to be done now and what can wait for a little while. As we all know, a sled is just one big wear part. Take some time and explore this site, lots of valuable information and years of experience on this site. It's been my go to forum for help and useful information.:)

Back