• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replaceable Skid for 2005 Vector

MaxKing

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Vector RS
I just pulled my skid for a track change and realized both rails have damage to them, what skids would fit a 2005 vector rs? I also want to stay with 121" as I just bought a new track and dont want to buy another one.

Put in a non electric shock 121" Monoshock from any 121 Apex or 06-newer Vector. 08 or newer would be better as the W arm/front arm is stronger.

I just pulled my skid for a track change and realized both rails have damage to them, what skids would fit a 2005 vector rs? I also want to stay with 121" as I just bought a new track and dont want to buy another one.
Put in a FAST M10 and never look back. Used ones are out there and mount kits (easy) from FAST are available too. Or try barnofparts.com for a replacement skid or rails. I don't think it's worth fixing it though. Those skids ride terrible IMO.

Put in a FAST M10 and never look back. Used ones are out there and mount kits (easy) from FAST are available too. Or try barnofparts.com for a replacement skid or rails. I don't think it's worth fixing it though. Those skids ride terrible IMO.
I was actually looking at a m10 but was concerned about the lack of weight transfer settings on those suspensions. I am also wanting to take the more load off my c&a pros. Instead a spent a couple hundred and am going to rebuild it. Thank you for the suggestion!

Easy to take the weight off the front with an M10. Hard to do on a Mono. I just adjust the front shock to my liking.

Oh well..........

This sled has a proactive suspension for this year
I know. I have a 2005 Vector which I bought in February 2005. Rode 700 miles the rest of the season and was going to dump the sled because it rode so bad. A friend sold me his lightly used M10. I've been in heaven ever since!

Back