• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 09 Nytro FX

Rampking

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro
Hey,

I just purchased my first ever sled. LoL I’ve been riding everything ( MotoX, ATV’s, Sea Doos etc all my life) I’ve ridden a few different sleds in my day but I’ve never owned one. Today I purchased a 2009 Nytro FX. It’s got 4800 km or 3000 miles. It’s bone stock and looks to be perfect shape. I paid $3000 CAD. I’m a die hard a Yamaha guy, everything in my garage is a Yamaha.
Worst thing is I’ve got a long wait to try her out, what are some things I should get into this summer so I don’t need to waste my time during riding season? One thing I was curious about, this sled has a pretty short track, does that affect handling compared to longer track models?

I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions, thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers

rampking

Attachments

• 4AE913A8-C222-457E-9EBD-3A7264DF60B0.jpeg
    4AE913A8-C222-457E-9EBD-3A7264DF60B0.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 102
  • CABAEB51-FEDC-44CD-965B-DBD95DBA08DE.jpeg
    CABAEB51-FEDC-44CD-965B-DBD95DBA08DE.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 104

welcome!

sled looks good.

with that age/milage i would suggest a shock service as the nitrogen charge is most likely gone at minimum and a oil change in them would not hurt. repacking the bearings in the rear suspension wheels and drive axle bearing by speedo pick-up are annual items on my maintence list for all my higher use sleds. usually check/do them when i am doing the oil change.

after service is the riding to set it to be your sled all next winter as shown to me by members on this site.

thanks for reminding me, need to get started on my sled fleet service for next season.

Great looking sled, I have an 09 RTX, just short of 13k happy miles.
Cant tell by the pics but if no steering relocate that be #1, and what maim said, grease, grease grease is your friend!! Enjoy the wait!!!;)!

Congratulations on your new purchase. I bought my Nytro RTX SE brand new back in 2009, and I still enjoy riding it today. Changing out your engine coolant would be helpful. Back in 2010 and during days above 35 degrees, my engine sometimes had a light come on indicating the engine was over-heated. My friend Grizztracks installed the MTX tunnel heat exchanger which provides additional engine cooling. Since installing this item, my engine temperature light has "never" come on. Lastly, through the years I experimented with numerous carbides. I currently use the Woody's Slim Jim 6" Carbide, part # SC6-5000-1 which I have installed on my Curve XS skis.

Do the exhaust gaskets at 3000 miles you are right about where they might fail. At least check them, with it running plug up the exhaust and it should stall very quickly, if it keeps running the gaskets are shot.

Back