• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new to the Phazer board

karl

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Phazer XTX
been around TY for years. started out here on a 2007 MP, was riding a 2016 Viper 162 mtx last year but that sled was a bit to much for me. bought sight unseen out of Alberta what I thought was a 2015 Phazer M-TX, what came off the freight truck was a 2015 Phazer X-TX. different track, 42 inch front end, different skis and higher gearing than what I expected. the sled looks good and only has 1300 or so km on the clock. I'm sure it will be a fun sled.

I'll be around asking questions, don't post much.... but we'll see

the 1.5 lug track is what most guys where going to on the mtx sleds as motor would pull it better in powder. did the xtx conversion to an 09 rtx and it did pull the track better with the mtx/rtx gearing but i ended up putting the xtx gearing in as the fuel milage sucked for trail riding.

I had a 159"x16"x2" track on my 2007 MP and had geared it down as far as I could. Ran the 17-45 gears with the longer chain. I also had a set of narrow mountain A-arms on it with Simmons gen2 skis. I'll see how the XTX does in stock trim. I ride mostly powder meadows and natural terrain with some lightly used trails. we are running around -30c right now so I'll wait for the weather to warm a bit to get out for some riding.

I picked up a mounting kit for my Slydog Powder hound 8" skis yesterday but we are hitting -40c night time temps over the next few days.... since I don't have a warm place to work on the sled I will have to wait to mount them up. these were great skis that I kept when I traded the viper. I also have a Four Stroke Solutions Roll-over valve coming in the mail. this will be the third sled that I have put one of Bill's roll-over valves on. should have warm enough weather to work outside again in a few days

well, I'm out of here again..... sold my Phazer yesterday...... my pre-ordered Ski Doo Tundra long track 600 ACE finally arrived, The Phazer XTX was a great little sled, but it was just a fill-in until the Tundra arrived.

Back