• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 30 on 2015 Phazer MTX

Mista Mota

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Phazer M-TX
Hello Everyone

I have a 2015 Phazer MTX with 1049 Km on it. yesterday after running it through some deeper snow and working the engine hard we came to a stop on roadway for a rest. the RPM dipped to the 1200 to 1300 range and then the engine died flashing code 30.

after looking around on the forum I've found some possible solutions to the problem.
1) oil level
2) low idle
3) bad sensor

I think I can rule out no. 2 as after about 5 to 10 seconds if the engine didn't die from the lower rpm it would bounce back up to 1700 - 1800 rpm range.
I can't rule out no. 1 or 3 yet as I would have to drive back out to the cabin (4hrs) and check them both. (how do you check the oil pressure sensor?)

but my main question is why does the rpm dip so low after running it harder through some snow?
if I was on a packed trail and then came to a stop the sled would not go below the 1700 rpm range so why does working it in deeper snow cause this?

thanks in advance
Jeff

i think it would be a bad sensor. odds are when it heats up, the sensor gets hot and changes its reading causing the computer to shut it down. could be corrosion in the sensor connector as well. manual says air bubbles from it being tossed around or laid on its side can cause this code as well.

well I checked the oil today when I was there (cold engine) and it seemed like it was at the H mark on the dip stick. then I started it up and let it warm up. the rpm gauge first read 2500 and stayed around there for while (I'm guessing 3 minutes) then it slowly started to drop and then get to and then stay at 1760rpm. (after 10 minutes) I turned it off and checked the oil now that everything was warm. again tit seemed fine and the oil was at the H mark on the dipstick. Started talking to the guys while they were unloading their sleds and one of them asked maybe it's bad gas.. since it was the first ride of the season and I left about 1/4 tank of gas (premium) in the tank and also drove it on that 1/4 tank of gas for roughly 25 km before filling it up with fresh gas. maybe it was the old gas?? anyway we dumped in 1/2 a can of seafoam and the went for a ride. the sled didn't have any noticeable difference from last weekend or any other time. and after some full throttle passes on the lake and then stopped and let it idle it did drop down to 1300rpm for about 10 second before going to 1600 to 1700rpm again. never died once and never flashed the code 30 again either..
so maybe it was just the gas? clogging up an injector or something and the seafoam cleared it out??

possible. part of why i start and run my sleds up to temp every 30-45 days in the off season. helps prevent those issues.

well based on what "coffee row" is on discussion, we all think it is the gas too. right now its at 3 bars on the gauge. so on Sunday I'm planning on running to empty. the pouring in another full can of seafoam and then fill it with fresh premium. and see how it goes.

i always fill mine with seafoam for storage and high test and run it every month. top off with fresh at beginning of season as the snow is not usually good enough on the 1st tank for hard running and just run it.

i always fill mine with seafoam for storage and high test and run it every month. top off with fresh at beginning of season as the snow is not usually good enough on the 1st tank for hard running and just run it.

Do you add 1 whole can of seafoam then top it up with fuel? I was thinking of the same thing last spring....but.....didnt.

usually about 1/4 of the can per sled and i know that is overkill for stabilizing the gas.

well I rode all day yesterday in fresh powder to some harder pack paths, and never had a problem with the sled dying or with the code 30 being shown on the screen. I really think it was just bad or old gas.
as for the seafoam.. I did add another full can before I filled it up with premium... but now after seeing the last couple posts I guess that wasn't a good idea?? I didn't notice anything different with the engine. no knocking or pinging. no codes. no unusual sounds or feelings.

it will burn through without causing too much issue. you just removed the carbon on the rings and valves with a dose that high.

Did you notice some smoke out the exhaust. That will likely happen I would think.

Back