• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New track options on Nytro

linek800

Just want some feed back. I am thinking of running a 1.5 track or keep the 1.25 and put picks on it? I am very aggressive trail rider and want good hole shot out of corner and breaking. I am kinda leaning towards the 1.5 but never tried a big track. Thanks guys

Where do you ride? If ice is present you dont want a 1.5" track for studding or trails for that matter. A cobra track studded will do.

bottlerocket said:
Where do you ride? If ice is present you dont want a 1.5" track for studding or trails for that matter. A cobra track studded will do.

Ha.
Go with an intense 1.5 and 1.575 studs. Research the extrovert drivers and gearing setup for saving your heat exchanger.

search the forums.

waubamikrider said:
bottlerocket said:

Ha.
Go with an intense 1.5 and 1.575 studs. Research the extrovert drivers and gearing setup for saving your heat exchanger.

search the forums.

Well 1 1/2" tracks and hyfax wont last long on groomed trails in michigan but this guy is from your area and sounds like he knows alot about tracks.

bottlerocket said:
waubamikrider said:
bottlerocket said:

Ha.

search the forums.

Well 1 1/2" tracks and hyfax wont last long on groomed trails in michigan but this guy is from your area and sounds like he knows alot about tracks.

i agree. if the conditions stay the same as they have all winter i'd stick with the stock track and stud it or possibly the cobra.

linek800 said:
I usually sled in Ontario. Lots of groomed trails.

Then if you are a trail rider then run a 2 ply, fully clipped Cobra track. Awesome track for loose soft snow and still good on hardpacked. IMO, THe XTX is a crossover sled. All crossover sleds should come with a Cobra track. The only OEM that figured that out was Polaris with the new 2011 Polaris Assault. Apparently, it's awesome off trail....

bottlerocket said:
waubamikrider said:
bottlerocket said:

Ha.

search the forums.

Sorry didn't mean to be an A$$

These sleds need all the traction they can get. The 1.5 intense is a great option on these tracks. The Cobra is to. That would be my second choice. But either way it will do wonders of the poor excuse for a track that comes on these things stock.

If your running 95% groomed trails go with the cobra. If you run even 20% off trail and ditch bangin. GO with the intense.

I amused since he said he was a aggressive trail rider, that meant he actually was.

HAVE FUN :Rockon:

look at my post in this forum...i put a 1.5" intense on my nytro ....BEST THING I EVER DID!!! there are pics too....also you wont need to cut off your heat exchanger protectors

Thanks for your help guys. Going with the Cobra and studs. First I have to buy 2 new upper ball joints not impressed. They are $152 plus taxes here in Canada. WOW alittle step I would say.

Went from stock track to 1.75 backcountry and now running a Cobra, the BC was a great track, tons of traction, not terrible on ice but not great, but it just doesnt hold up to the terrain I ride and after 2500 miles (1 season) it was trashed.

That being said I think the Cobra is a very good compromise and allows studding. I am running Avid drivers BTW

Back