• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Newbie on the loose!

Yeah I spoke to them (Silverthorne PowerSports i think) they really didn't have too much to say. I am probably going to take my sled to Mountain Tech (Yamaha Dealer in Buena Vista) to do at least a Exhaust, Seat and MPI Extension. Pretty far drive but I will ride cottonwood pass before dropping it off :)

Ya beauna Vista's owner is very knowlegable when it comes to this. Good choice i didnt think of them. When you go in ask about his sled.

Buena Vista's owner is the one i bought my Yoshimura From. his brother is the mechanic in the Alamosa Yamaha dealer. His brother does all my work on both my sleds. both of them run turbo sleds, and both of them are the smartest mechanics i have ever met. great guys to deal with. Im in Fort Collins for College but live down in South Fork. Ride in south fork, crested butte, cottonwood, chama, and this year rabbit ears.

Let me know. we will hook up and do some riding. I would recommend http://www.highliftjack.com/ . Saves a work load. The owner of that company lives down there and rides around buena vista and salida all the time

Put a cat skid in there for 400.00 bucks and get a steering relocation kit. I got into sledding for skiing and haven't skied once. Not once. You might as well put the dough into the sled cause you'll likely end up as a sledding junkie like the rest of us.

just got back from buena vista. I rode a little while up at cottonwood pass. was nice to put in some breakin miles. I met a guy who was there breaking in his Phazer mtn. He was having some trouble with the hills we were messing around on. I was bouncing up it with no problem.

Anyway, yes the owner of Mtn Tech is by far the most knowledgeable yamaha snowmobile guy in Colorado. While doing my research I spoke with pretty much all the dealers and none of them could provide insite on custom mods. They could only really talk about Apex's with turbos or superchargers. After that they were all very limited.

I left my seld there and he is taking car of the exhaust. My list of mods that will begin next week:
- single exhaust in the tunnel
- hartman extension
- Boss highrise seat
- Alum drop down brackets
- lefty throttle.

All the guys there had the high lift jack and all said it is a must. It's on my list along with
- skid plate
- ice scratchers

Yes his sled is sweet. I may consider a headlight alternative.

I also rode their demo Phazer with custom exhaust. That thing was loud. The other guy with the phazer said this one def had more power but i don't think there was enough comparison time.

Back