• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

next new engine from yamaha

bgbytoys

Extreme
Website
www.troycitygarage.com
since the phazer is actually a r1 engine cut in half[ no it isn't 2 yz250f's check the bore and stroke] the next logical move would be a 750 -800 triple from the same basic engine. like ford with their modular motor. stick that in a light weight chassis and you have your super phazer. the largest selling model this year for all brands will be the phazer. they will expand on that. what do you think?

I don't think they will build a Phazer with a Tripple. Too heavy. They will make a Twin @120hp. They already have the vector, do you really think the Phazer chassis is that much lighter than the Vector? Most of the weight reduction is in the motor.

SledFreak said:
I don't think they will build a Phazer with a Tripple. Too heavy. They will make a Twin @120hp. They already have the vector, do you really think the Phazer chassis is that much lighter than the Vector? Most of the weight reduction is in the motor.

It will replace the vector......

They wont build a new engine when the 120 hp triple has been so solid. They will use that engine if they do it at all. I don't think they will to tell you the truth.

My belief is that Yamaha will take the Vector/Nytro engine (Reto to EFI) and place it on the phazer chassy. It will probably produce 125-130hp

I don't see them dropping the vector engine, but i also don't see them putting it in the phazer chassis...
If they don't make a new engine to go in the phazer don't expect to see a higher hp modle...

TotallyNytro said:
My belief is that Yamaha will take the Vector/Nytro engine (Reto to EFI) and place it on the phazer chassy. It will probably produce 125-130hp

From what I am hearing, you are totally correct!

I hope Yamaha does upgrade all of their 120 Hp sleds....either put them in a phazer chassis or apex chassis..or both...put the nytro, and Rage in the phazer chassis...vector er, and Gt in the apex chassis...add fuel injection...in either case Yamaha needs to lighten them up a bit more, and add 5-7 Hp to be class competitive....All of the competition has gained HP, and gotten lighter (except cat..the f-6 gained weight)the current nytro is quick from 0-60..but it is almost 6 MPH slower on top, than the rest of the sleds in it's class ( I know it's geared that way, but..it doesn't matter to the magazines...they test them as is)...even the vector GT was 4-5 MPH slower. (this is using numbers from the magazines).....Just once I'd like to see a yamaha be the quickest, fastest sled in it's class...the last time was the 2000 srx....that's 7 model years...soon to be 8....if there is a knock on yamaha it's "stock performance"....they are good, reliable, dependable sleds, that are well built...but lets face it...unless you tweek em, they are usually the slowest in their respective classes (Don't beat me up guys...just calling it like I see it..lol)..IMO Yamaha needs to pick it up a bit in Performance.

Back