• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

next new engine from yamaha

Well I know for a fact that the rage/vector/nytro is done. They are going to take 450's twin them up to have a 110hp efi. your also gona see the phazer stay the same with mine changes and a phazer chassie called the enciter with the new engine in it. apex/attak will stay the same this year but for 09 will be changed alot, got this right out of the horses mouth.

Sled Dog said:
They wont build a new engine when the 120 hp triple has been so solid. They will use that engine if they do it at all. I don't think they will to tell you the truth.

I agree. They have tremendous potential with what they already have now. But I won't be offended if they do decide to release a 900cc twin.

I just saw the new snowcross sled, in my snowtech magazine its alot like a phazer but wider using the 120 hp engine, its probably FI as well. That would be a sweet ride with a turbo!

TotallyNytro said:
My belief is that Yamaha will take the Vector/Nytro engine (Reto to EFI) and place it on the phazer chassy. It will probably produce 125-130hp

Ditto, but I think it will be a modified Phazer chassis based on their current Nytro racer. A little larger and wider than the current Phazer to fit in the larger motors. Yammie does have a higher HP new Gen 150 they could drop in the Apex/Attak and flat out clobber the Mach Z and F10 with about 160-165 HP. Food for thought.

06rsvectorer said:
Well I know for a fact that the rage/vector/nytro is done. They are going to take 450's twin them up to have a 110hp efi. your also gona see the phazer stay the same with mine changes and a phazer chassie called the enciter with the new engine in it. apex/attak will stay the same this year but for 09 will be changed alot, got this right out of the horses mouth.
So it's going to be a 900cc 110 hp sled cant believe that, and then they will only have 110hp sleds and 150hp makes no sense. And you heard this from who

I wouldnt expect anything big from Yamaha this year. Look for small tweaks in the phazer line, not motor changes. New models in the phazer chassis, like venture, vector...etc. BNG for Apex/Attak.

All that said, You can bet Yamaha has most of the things addressed in the posts before mine, but with lack of snow and lots of 07s laying around, they would kill there dealers by releasing anything earth shattering. 09 models, 130 hp Phazer, 170ish Apex/Attak...JMHO...BBY

900cfi said:
I am waiting for a more powerful apex so I can jump ship from polaris.

Polaris has nothing close, I'm a X-Polaris rider. So why would you wait?

Heritage said:
...but lets face it...unless you tweek em, they are usually the slowest in their respective classes (Don't beat me up guys...just calling it like I see it..lol)..IMO Yamaha needs to pick it up a bit in Performance.

Why would they need to pick up the performance when they have guys like us here in this site doing it for them? :rocks:

sledheadgeorge said:
900cfi said:
I am waiting for a more powerful apex so I can jump ship from polaris.

Polaris has nothing close, I'm a X-Polaris rider. So why would you wait?
I'm waiting because my 900 mod is a great and very fast sled.Just want more than 150hp for my needs.I can wait patiently.

I wish they would just put a turbo on it or Supercharger right from the factory. 190 factory reliable hp and be done with it? The other big 3 would be crying..... Yamaha you know you can do it, so just do it....... A true snowmobiler will pay the price for it.....

In that case i hope they will go with the supercharger that Tikka race is developing. A Lysholm supercharger and builds HP like nothing else. The proto RX-1 made 225hp with stock engine and under 1s from idle to full effect!!!

THAT I WOULD LIKE!!!! :Rockon:

Back