• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nitrous or turbo??????

jr_2117

I just wanted to get some input on whether i should slap nitrous or a turbo on my stock 09 xtx, i just mainly trail ride and off trail stuff but i love speed and power.

There are a lot of Head aches with a turbo. I had one on a RX-1 and two things concern me about Turbo's for a trail rider. One your tapping into the Oil system Two you have an aftermarket header. The headers are prone to cracking. The concern I have with the oil system is the oil is heated as it goes through the Turbo

I think turbo's are great for race sleds. I think NOS and Super Chargers are better suited for trail sleds.

Turbos are also good for Mountain sleds. You don't put on the miles or the beating a trail sled takes. Some may disagree with me on that

This is/was true with the 1st generation turbo sleds 5 years ago but things have come a long wayyyy baby!!!!!
Meth injection
better designed headers
heavier duty oil & cooling fittings

Sooo much has improved in 5 years!!!

Why not go Supercharger? It is supposed to be the cats a$$ for trails, Instant and linear fun. A lot depends on your budget though. If you don't mind used check out all the stuff for sale on snow west. Those mountain guys flip performance parts like crazy. IMO

Supercharged is better for trail riding for the linear power, but a lot of the newer turbo systems seem to have little to no lag. I would say that superchargers are cheaper than turbo's, but I seem to have dropped just as much coin on mine. I havent had much experiance with nitrous, but if want extra power all the time on an xtx I'd go with a boost. If you just want it for the occasional hit then nitrous is much cheaper. Plus you can always put boost and nitrous.

bummerman said:
Supercharged is better for trail riding for the linear power, but a lot of the newer turbo systems seem to have little to no lag. I would say that superchargers are cheaper than turbo's, but I seem to have dropped just as much coin on mine. I havent had much experiance with nitrous, but if want extra power all the time on an xtx I'd go with a boost. If you just want it for the occasional hit then nitrous is much cheaper. Plus you can always put boost and nitrous.

Right on the money.A turbo lag is a thing of the past and too many people are mislead into thinking turnbo's have lag.Many front mounts are instant now.If you have jing I recommend a turbo or supercharger if you are mechincally inclined.If you want power once in a while and don't have the funds go nitrous.

Thanks everyone... can i slap a supercharger on my stock XTX and be good to go or do i need to clutch and a bunch of other jazz

After that last post you just might be in over your head.
To run a boosted sled you need a lot of clutching knowledge or be very close to someone that is.

Back