• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No 2011 RTX SE

landscape88

Veteran
Judging by this past winters riding conditions it should come as no surprise that they paired down their models. I am still surprised that there is no RTX SE though. The prices here in Canada have gotten totally out of control. I guess another year with the 09 SE until they come up with something new for the Nytro.

The RTX is basically the same as the old SE model now. This is a good thing I guess, no real reason for me to update, nothing has changed... Except the price!

shadow637 said:
The RTX is basically the same as the old SE model now. This is a good thing I guess, no real reason for me to update, nothing has changed... Except the price!

From what I can see NOT the same shocks with adjustability.

Looks like the same shock package to me (at least in the picture)

11smb_fxnytrortx_blu_s1_05394b31.jpg

Next year's FX Nytro RTX IS the same as this year's FX Nytro RTX SE, they just got rid of the regular RTX and kept the standard FX. So now there are 2 models instead of 3 in the 121 FX Nytro. The 2011 RTX has the exact same suspension front and rear as this year's SE model, it's all in the tech section, read up ! ;)!

I'm very happy with the lineup. Because now I see no reason to update my 2008 RTX.

Also the 2011 RTX is last years SE and its also at the SE price. $12,099 retail. I wish they would have done some of the motor updates on the Nytro that they did on the Apex. Looks like 2012 will be the Nytro motor upgrade.

Sled prices has gotten out of hand. 14 grand for a sled that gets ridden a quarter of a year. Disappointed no big change to the Nytro. Maybe next year. I do like the shocks upgrade though. If you could pick up an 09 SE, you couldn't go wrong with the discuount you will get.

When I was at the dealer yesterday we were talking about bogie wheels and they told me they heard the '11s were gonna have bigger wheels, like 135mm wheels or maybe bigger. Anyone know about this or were they just trying to make me feel good?

mjaremko said:
That Apex better be damm fast for $14k...

The power to weight ratio should be much better on the new sled, given your wallet will be substantially lighter and you probably won't be buying food during the winter.

Back