• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Laughing.... I need help ..... extra bolts

they hold the muffler heat shield on...

in this picture below,they are 'D'........there are four total,so could be two at front or two at rear of muffler heat shield.

Dan

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 56

ROCKERDAN said:
they hold the front of the muffler heat shield on...

in this picture,they are D.

Dan

oops just PMed you
Are you certain, cause I have bolts holding it down and I don't remember that color bolts.

I just looked at my sled which is apart...and those match the ones on my sled exactly....

I DID NOT take my muffler heat shield off to do my donuts.....did you ???...if you did,these are where they are from....there are FOUR of them total...two front and two rear.

Dan

Master Dan:

I stand corrected !!! They were exactly those !!! This site never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a mil !

SERPAGS said:
Master Dan:

I stand corrected !!! They were exactly those !!! This site never ceases to amaze me. Thanks a mil !

Thought they looked like it. When you said nope their on, I have to admit I was stumped. Not sure if knowing were a bolt goes on a sled just by looking at is a good thing or not.

:rocks:

SERPAGS said:
Master Dan:

Awesome...glad that was it....mine is all apart so it was easy to see....although i never removed my muffler heat shield for anything,i could see them clear as day when i peaked around my tunnel..

I knew i had NOT removed such a bolt with attached washer....lol

glad you got it all done!
Dan

Did you say you replaced the exhaust gaskets? If so, those bolts probably are supposed to be holding down the cover over the 4 head pipes. I just went thru the same process.

Back