• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not much action here. Winder/Cat 998's are close to perfected for the most part...

Stock is 90/260. AC part number is Part # 2704-229. I have one on my sled and am 240 with gear. Much less bottoming and a little more transfer. Just don’t preload it too much.
Oh wait….. I see you don’t have an LTX-LE with dual spring. Do you know if this single spring will work on a LTX-LE?

Knapp, you and others are doing all the testing & finding all the preliminary fixes. For which I am grateful.
Solving boost leaks, clutch alignment issues, etc.
As the boost increases the little gremlins show themselves.
I've waited a few years to crank it up, as I'm not smart enough to troubleshoot things on my own.
I honestly believe if you're going to tune it, you'll need to do some of these fixes beforehand or during to enjoy a very streamline transition.
I've watch you guys troubleshoot as a group, and again, very thankful for the sharing......

Knapp, you and others are doing all the testing & finding all the preliminary fixes. For which I am grateful.
Solving boost leaks, clutch alignment issues, etc.
As the boost increases the little gremlins show themselves.
I've waited a few years to crank it up, as I'm not smart enough to troubleshoot things on my own.
I honestly believe if you're going to tune it, you'll need to do some of these fixes beforehand or during to enjoy a very streamline transition.
I've watch you guys troubleshoot as a group, and again, very thankful for the sharing......

Thanks JT, but you are correct. It is a group effort with lots of great people here sharing our findings. Many great talented people here and we bounce ideas off each other to speed the process. My problem the last few years is living in a zip code that doesn't get much for snow anymore, which really sucks to get more miles for data, but I feel we have a pretty good handle on what is needed now for them yes. We're still learning new stuff everyday though which is fun.

PS, fat lady is singing now too for us, 38F now sun beating down and warm all week. We really never did have a riding season here in southern MN with the lack of snow. Hopeful that next year will be better.

Looks like Polaris is jumping into the hyper sled market also with boosted 850 vr1.
So now we wait till next year and see if they can take a better shot at the 988t than ski doo did.

Looks like Polaris is jumping into the hyper sled market also with boosted 850 vr1.
So now we wait till next year and see if they can take a better shot at the 988t than ski doo did.
Polaris faithful will be licking their chops at the thought of tuning them. I think even adding 1-2 more lbs would result in failure.
I bet Polaris will have the ECU locked up tighter than a Mack Z's

Looks like Precision has broken into the ECU according to website if I’m not mistaken.

Raining today and tomorrow in the UP so no riding for me this weekend. I have seen sleds out today but they looked wet.

Back