• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not Seeing Correct RPM

Bigblue1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX-LE
Apex SE
I have a 2011 Apex that I bought as left over this year. 900 miles so far. It does not climb higher than 10,000rpm whether on a long lake or flat smooth trail. I am 6'4" 280 and the sled is studded. Any suggestions? Change in spring, weights etc. I would not like to leave any hp's in the table especially since my buddy is running an 800 E-Tech.

you do not have enough miles yet. wait until 1500mi or so as it will get stronger. typically takes 3000 miles to fully break in the motor on average.

I suggest checking your EXUP calibration. Checked my 11 at around 600mi and it was out of spec.
Do a search on here to find procedure, I didn't see it addressed in my manual.

Thanks guys. Someone else told me to wait bit also but I will check Exup to be sure.

hionspeed said:
I suggest checking your EXUP calibration. Checked my 11 at around 600mi and it was out of spec.
Do a search on here to find procedure, I didn't see it addressed in my manual.

x2

once broken in you will be able to wave at that etec while passing him by :Rockon:

MAIM,

Sometimes it takes a little more patience than to overreact to things, which I prefer. I did break 10,000RPM and reached 10,200RPM as I approached 1,000 miles. More is more in this case. Sled began to feel a little free as well. Thanks.

Back