• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Belt question?

msardo

Veteran
2009 RTX with 400mi on it. Rode in deep heavy snow got stuck a number of times. Had to pull another sled out of hole. Smelled rubber/belt burning smell. Belt looks fine and deflection looks correct however, sled was not engaging as smoothly as new and slight lag when slowing and getting back on throttle. Do u think this is belt or a transmission issue? As a note: when towing sled out of hole a little slack occured in tow rope so my sled came to a very abrupt stop when slack was gone. Could this have caused drive train damage?

i would bet you smoked the belt, a few miles will clean it up or you can take it off and clean the clutches of rubber, and prep the belt edge as its probably glass smooth now. I doubt its a transmission issue as they can spin the hell outta the track on anything easily with no damage.

thx.. My gut tells me that is what happened. As a matter of fact it seemed to clear up after i put an additional 10-20 miles on it. I had a new 2007 AC F6 with no mods and 700 miles seize on me. I have bad luck. Sold it and bought Yamaha based on a number of factors including warranty. I'm hope you are right regarding belt.

Im going to say the belt is worn also.
Be sure to check the belt heigth on the secondary with the belt pulled off of the Primary.

Yamaha clutches do not have issues after going thru what u did. We run over 300 hp turbo,s thru em. Why didn,t you change the belt to see if that was your issue???

easy. I have a spare belt. Noticed the issue at the end of a powder day. Wife needed me home right away. I will change it at the begining of my next trip. Figured i would ask for some insight. Just in case i was missing something. The responses have validated my thoughts. Worn belt. Thx

Back