• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro handwarmers call yamaha

You guys crack me up! There is no way that Yamaha will do a recall on the handwarmers. Why, It's not a safety issue and it doesn't affect the performance of the machine. You guys are wasting your time. They have heard us loud and clear by fixing them for 2010.

funny thing is we all THINK they are fixing them for 2010!!
we don't even know that they are any better! ,lol
kinda like 06 apex bars to 07.....not a big difference at all!

towerrigger said:
You guys crack me up! There is no way that Yamaha will do a recall on the handwarmers. Why, It's not a safety issue and it doesn't affect the performance of the machine. You guys are wasting your time. They have heard us loud and clear by fixing them for 2010.

X2

Additionally, I kind of agree with StewartB as far as the wind issue. I have two windshields (stock and mid) and the handwarmers work better with the mid. Are they hot, by no means, but they work.

Arteeex, not only do your posts usually get me rolling, but the incapacity of some to detect sarcasm.....makes it that much better/worse :rofl:

grenade6 said:
I don't think the warmers are the issue. I think it's the cowl and windshield shape. Get the wind off your hands and the warmers work.

if the cowl and windshiel are the problem they they should put better ones on there stock. thats just like selling somone a new engine that doesnt work and telling them for extra money they can make it run. if the sled comes with warmer they should work well or reduce the price so we can spend are money on some that do work.

By putting new warmers on next years models does not mean the old ones were defective, just ineffective.

the subframes on the 08 nytro and geting warranty when they band then why wouldnt the hand warmers? if the problem is so bad they had to fix it on the next years model then guess whats its a problem and should be fixed by the dealer.

I think hes right...... My hands were exceptionaly cold for half the year I adjusted my wind guards down and bent them back they worked great. I think the issue is that the wind Is hitting the bars witch is the real issue

stewartb said:
I don't think the warmers are the issue. I think it's the cowl and windshield shape. Get the wind off your hands and the warmers work. Or you can choose to use more output. But that would be like buying a bigger home furnace so you could stay warm with the windows and doors open. Hmm.

My stock warmers work great. I'll call Yamaha and tell them!

SB
I agree with this opinion - put the big windshield on my phazer fx and the warmers dont see about the third bar. whole diff deal if you aren't super cooling them.

I have 1000 mi on my 2008 rtx 40th most riding below zero, purchased 1 month ago, and as most of u know a windshield on the anniversary ed is non existant. i agree the warmers are a little insufficient, my hands have only been really cold once but that was only because my glove got wet from some snow getting in it from digging out. i bring 2 pairs of gloves everytime i ride, and switch whenever i think they are getting cold or wet. And if they are gettin a little cold put your hand by the exhaust exit for a few seconds, warms them right up. (and melts gloves if u hold them too long) My point is get the wind away from ur hands i.e. bigger guards, windshield whatever u wanna do but think about it what warmer will work at 10 below at 80 mph?? what would that wind chill equate to i dont know maybee -80 or so. any sled with limited hand protection, they will get cold. Bring an extra set of GOOD gloves and switch when ur gettn cold or wet i bet ul be suprised by the results. Calling yamaha to get it fixed is rediculous. This is hands down the best sled i have ever riden and will not knock yamaha for a minor detail like handwarmers. :yam:

raginyamaha said:
I have 1000 mi on my 2008 rtx 40th most riding below zero, purchased 1 month ago, and as most of u know a windshield on the anniversary ed is non existant. i agree the warmers are a little insufficient, my hands have only been really cold once but that was only because my glove got wet from some snow getting in it from digging out. i bring 2 pairs of gloves everytime i ride, and switch whenever i think they are getting cold or wet. And if they are gettin a little cold put your hand by the exhaust exit for a few seconds, warms them right up. (and melts gloves if u hold them too long) My point is get the wind away from ur hands i.e. bigger guards, windshield whatever u wanna do but think about it what warmer will work at 10 below at 80 mph?? what would that wind chill equate to i dont know maybee -80 or so. any sled with limited hand protection, they will get cold. Bring an extra set of GOOD gloves and switch when ur gettn cold or wet i bet ul be suprised by the results. Calling yamaha to get it fixed is rediculous. This is hands down the best sled i have ever riden and will not knock yamaha for a minor detail like handwarmers. :yam:
HEAR HEAR

It's an 800 number so it doesn't cost us anything so what's the harm in calling? They know they are inferior so call. I used to laugh at how the Arctic Cat's handwarmers sucked with my Cat buddies....now we laugh at me and my non existant warmers. I have the tall windy and my handguards tipped down, also bought the Klim gloves. Warmers still don't work, how could they go from best 98 sx, srx etc... to ten years newer being the worst?

Just to let you guys know, I did buy the "tall winshield" with the deflectors, guess what.. Still cold hands!!!The warmers DO NOT work as well as previous years models.

grenade6 said:
By putting new warmers on next years models does not mean the old ones were defective, just ineffective.

the subframes on the 08 nytro and geting warranty when they band then why wouldnt the hand warmers? if the problem is so bad they had to fix it on the next years model then guess whats its a problem and should be fixed by the dealer.

But they are not recalling all 08 nytro FX's for the 09 upgrade at no cost. They are only oiling the squeaky wheel by fixing the ones with bent subs that are complaining.

I admit, it is worth a shot to call and complain. Maybe they will do something, but I highly doubt it.

If it were just because of wind on your hands why is it that there are two different people on here that seem to have come up with an improvement to the factory warmers. Why should we have to send more money on after market products when we have already sent $9000 or more for something that should already work.

Will someone, anyone, explain why every other feature on the sled, with the exception of the hand warmers, is a target for owner or aftermarket modifications?

Shocks get re-valved. Clutches and motors get modifications up the wazoo. Trail tanks, skis, idlers, graphics and windshields. Even the gas cap will be replaced with a shiny aluminum unit before some people will take 2-hours away from posting about the issue to install better heaters on the grips. I don’t get it. Several solutions have been offered on the site – pick one and move on.

If you feel strongly about heaters go ahead and register a civil complaint with Yamaha but don’t expect the grip heater fairy to visit your house anytime soon.

Aaaah. I feel better now.

Back