• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro LTX??

kizerboy

Extreme
Hi guys, Has anyone put a rail extension on there nytro changing it from a 121" to 136"? If so how do you like it? I was looking at the tracks usa kit and looking for any input.

I stretched out to 136" with a tracksusa kit. Excellent kit. The rail extensions are very nice, and the tunnel extension is the best that I have seen. It literally looks factory if you take your time and put it on correctly - ZERO gaps.

I'm not sold on the "tip-up" in the 136" length. I wanted all my track on the ground the whole time for maximum traction on the trail, and I didn't want to promote more wheelies by giving the sled a "tip-up" to roll backwards onto. Never driven a nytro with a tip-up rail extension tho, just a theory of mine.

Overall I was very happy with the extra length, a lot more traction and much better off-trail. Ditching the Ripsaw track probably helped the most with the off-trail part.

here are a few pictures I have,
seatkit3.jpg

Tunnelextension.jpg

nytrowheels.jpg

Revster here on the forum has one he did a great job with it and his sled looks sweet. He has a thread in the sled garage forum I think.

kizerboy said:
Hi guys, Has anyone put a rail extension on there nytro changing it from a 121" to 136"? If so how do you like it? I was looking at the tracks usa kit and looking for any input.

You will not beat the quality of the OFT, and the 136" is perfect..

Attachments

• Sled trip 017.jpg
    Sled trip 017.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Sled trip 016.jpg
    Sled trip 016.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Sled trip 007.jpg
    Sled trip 007.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 94
I thought this thread was going to be about a Nytro with a decent gauge pod and a full size gas tank.

As for stretching it, it you're going to do it, might as well go to 144".

kizerboy said:

The Nytro is great as a 136" and the OFT boys put together an excellent kit, I'd highly recommend it. They also have 144" if you decide to go that length.
The one thing I'd suggest is adding a set of boggy wheels near the rear. There is a hole in your rails already, you just need the mounts and wheels. ;)!

Don't waste your time with a 136 just put on a 144" extension. I believe OFT is the only way to go. Have over 2500 miles on mine with zero issues. Customer service is out of this world. OFT has never let me down.

sleddingfarmer said:
I stretched out to 136" with a tracksusa kit. Excellent kit. The rail extensions are very nice, and the tunnel extension is the best that I have seen. It literally looks factory if you take your time and put it on correctly - ZERO gaps.

I'm not sold on the "tip-up" in the 136" length. I wanted all my track on the ground the whole time for maximum traction on the trail, and I didn't want to promote more wheelies by giving the sled a "tip-up" to roll backwards onto. Never driven a nytro with a tip-up rail extension tho, just a theory of mine.

Overall I was very happy with the extra length, a lot more traction and much better off-trail. Ditching the Ripsaw track probably helped the most with the off-trail part.

here are a few pictures I have,
seatkit3.jpg

Tunnelextension.jpg

nytrowheels.jpg

Is that a clear tank.

Back