• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro rear rack

poor farmer/logger

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper XTX 2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX
Hi everyone back with another question about accessories. Anyone have and use the rear rack that used to be available for the nytro xtx? Looking at one online but haven't seen it in person. Just wondering if it's a actual useful size or if the deflector shield takes up most of the room and renders it somewhat useless. Would like to throw either a smaller bag in there or possibly a gallon gas can but I'm a little doubtful that it will fit on the long side.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

20171116_204556-1.jpg

I was about to install mine but I spun a rivnut that holds the bumper on. Instead of dealing with it I moved on to different issues. The long part of the rack would hold a container that measures 5.5" x 14.75".

Last edited:
Well I took a gamble. The seller lowered his price to what the others on eBay sold for. Still a lot of money for a flimsy piece of aluminum but I guess we'll see. Paid 109 us for it which is alot less then the retail price used to be but still plenty high. I'm looking at mounting a couple fuel cans like Pedro's on the side of the tunnel maybe. Still looking for a trail tank too but having a hard time spending all this money. Money is there I just don't like buying accessories lol. For years I've just bought what ever and road it now that I'm looking st traveling further it's getting costly in a hurry lol. Still looking at the premium trunk bag too. When you're in the absolute middle of no where and nothing in sight for at least 100 miles it's nice to have lots of extra things with you. Trying hard to lose some weight to make up for all the extras I'm adding on lol.

Thanks everyone.

I have the stock Yamaha rear rack on my XTX, it is very functional. It has a waterproof roll bag and a smaller nylon bag. I have two clamps mounted in the space between the exhaust and the rack for my survival hatchet / fire starter and the blade protector fits perfectly under the rack (see pics). The deflector is not in the way as far as storage space goes. If you remove the roll bag, a 1.3 gallon fuel jug fits perfectly although I am not sure I need that much extra fuel as I have the trail tank and always fill up when I pass a gas station if I am in doubt.

14s.jpg IMG_6117.JPG 20170921_150808s.jpg IMG_6120.JPG Rear Storage A.jpg Rear Storage B.jpg 20171102_155453.jpg

This is the 1.3 Gallon Mountain Addiction fuel jug that should fit in the space the roll bag goes. Alt is the Long Haul fuel jugs on the rails similar to another post, I like the black fuel cans so hard to find.

1.3 Gallon Mountain Addictiion Jug.jpg

Thanks for the pictures looks good. eBay seller shipped it to the global shipping centre so we'll see how long this takes lol. Haven't bought anything on eBay for a long time things have changed a little bit.

If all else fails I may end up going to quick link route. Have a can am as well so the newer linq stuff would work there too.

I use a Fabcraft setup that has a clean look and covers the hole left after the tail light mod.

I have a bag that is normally strapped in there. Found the bag at EMS. It’s a Mountain Smith fanny pack the same size as the rack. I cut off the waist band straps. It has straps on the side that loop into the hooks for a firm attachment. It’s waterproof, has heavy duty zippers and has been on the sled for 8500+ miles.

4ae6637b959f4bc7ac49a3f4b542ec52.jpg
bdd157223971bf41a1bf52557d348b86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well I've made some headway. Been waiting for parts and other pieces so gradually getting it back together and ready for the big trip.

Installed the rear axle and my own 4th wheel kit tonight, put the rack mostly on yesterday and did a little bit of trimming. A 10lt Scepter jerry can just fits inside the rack. Have to put a couple more pieces of hose on there just to protect the sharp corners. Going to look for some decent heat reflective tape as well. I wont be riding on trail much but occasionally. It might not look pretty back there but where I'm headed I'm going for function not looks. Have about 260 miles to do in a day with civilization in only once spot about 1/3 of the way through and then at the very end again.

Made another new spindle bushing and pin on the lathe the other day as well. My previous one held up great so I replaced the steel ones I had tried on the other side. Stainless pin and UHMW bushing. Still no snow to ride so I've got time to keep fixing.

Still up in the air what to do for luggage and more extra fuel. I'm shooting for as close to 200 mile range as I can get. Looking at adding a couple of 3.5 gallon rotopax fuelpax jugs to the side of the tunnel. Considering a trail tank as well but that only gets me another 10 liters of fuel. Trying to get over 50 liters of usable fuel. There's a certain amount always left in the tank, you can never run it dry. I've never tried but I'm guessing a couple of liters are wasted in the tank at least.

Luggage I'm starting to lean towards packing all my cloths in a back pack, especially if I put the fuel jugs on the side of the tunnel. Wont leave any room on the sides for a saddle bag.

IMG_2813.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 526
I use a Fabcraft setup that has a clean look and covers the hole left after the tail light mod.

I have a bag that is normally strapped in there. Found the bag at EMS. It’s a Mountain Smith fanny pack the same size as the rack. I cut off the waist band straps. It has straps on the side that loop into the hooks for a firm attachment. It’s waterproof, has heavy duty zippers and has been on the sled for 8500+ miles.

4ae6637b959f4bc7ac49a3f4b542ec52.jpg
bdd157223971bf41a1bf52557d348b86.jpg

Nice setup...where did you get your fabcraft mounts and tail light ?

Last edited:
Nice setup...where did you get your fabcraft mounts and tail light ?

The tail light is the grote led tail light mod. Fabcraft I don’t remember it was long ago but some shop out west. Comes right up in google when you search for it. You can cut the rubber pad down to whatever size. Requires drilling holes for the U bolts.

17195fa7ba9434eebd1432a8ae370ab4.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know the part number to that little Yamaha bag on the factory xtx rack pictured above?

Back