• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro topping out at 85mph

Hoju

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro RTX
09 Nytro RTX. 10 000mi +.
Used to get 100mph all day long. Since the last flat out run, i've changed:

121" to 136" track extension with 1.5" lug.
C&A 8" wide Skis
Excell 6 wheel kit.
Haven't changed gearing or touched the clutches.

I'd expect to lose some top end out of it with the longer, taller track. But 15mph seems a bit much.

Didn't notice my RPM today to compare.

Any thoughts?

09 Nytro RTX. 10 000mi +.
Used to get 100mph all day long. Since the last flat out run, i've changed:

121" to 136" track extension with 1.5" lug.
C&A 8" wide Skis
Excell 6 wheel kit.
Haven't changed gearing or touched the clutches.

I'd expect to lose some top end out of it with the longer, taller track. But 15mph seems a bit much.

Didn't notice my RPM today to compare.

Any thoughts?

Hm having same issu tops out at 158km/h

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my 09 RTX I lost 5-10 mph just changing to a 1.75" 121 track. It seems to really be effected by snow conditions with the larger lug. Yesterday was warmer and snow was kind of sticky. I was only getting 90-91 mph. On a cold day with hardpack I can get 98 mph.

Snow conditions seem to really affect mine too with 1.6" ice cobra 128". Lake or hard pack 102 trail mid 90's

I new when I bought the nytro it wasn’t a lake runner but was expecting at least triple digits [emoji52]been looking at hurricane kit but not shurr if it’s good bang for the buck,for 15 h/p gain

I just see an XTX bone stock doing 95-100 all day long. And this 136” not keeping up. My understanding is the clutches, gearing and drivers are all the same, Rtx vs Xtx.

I just see an XTX bone stock doing 95-100 all day long. And this 136” not keeping up. My understanding is the clutches, gearing and drivers are all the same, Rtx vs Xtx.

I guys in the right condition, all I could get out my stock xtx is 157

The XTX actually faster top speed then the 121". I believe it's due to a more gradual angle on the front of the skid. Stretch the 121 longer and now you have more rotating mass and a poor (speed robbing) angle on the track, the XTX will definitely be faster.

I use to beat my brother's XTX with 1.75", but now we walks right around me. So last night I checked drag and fly weights and they had a groove worn in them. So, I went back stock and I hope that was the issue. Cause I was only hitting 85mph on the weekend, and I use to be close to 100mph on the dream meter

Back