• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs Phazer handling for small people

MEAT

Expert
I want a back up sled for me and the kids. I can find a turbo phazer for similar price as a Nytro but is the Nytro much harder to ride ?

My wife has a MTX and the problem that she has found is getting from side to side with the high seat height. Which is kind of critical when riding a sled like this with a high center of gravity. I'm contemplating getting a snow winch for getting the thing back upright when it is just the two of us riding. That being said, from what I have witnessed the mountain phazer is even more tippy but a little easier to get back upright. Bring lots of oil though.

Have a friend who's wife rides the Phazer Mtn. It spends a lot of time on it's side. We keep telling her that the track belongs on the down side not facing up!!!! :Rockon:

A bubby has a Phazer MTX, he found it to be to tippy even after he got used to it.
So he widen'd the ski stance out by moving the ski collars. He said it helped a lot. He can still pull it over easy, but dosn't lay it on it's side as much.

Im only 5 foot 7 at best and i ride a 07 phazer mtx,i demoed a 08 nytro mtx in valemount,BC i didn't find any difference in trying to handle it, if anything it was easier to throw and jump side to side, the only thing i found was with the stiffer throttle, when i got into tight spots i had a little more trouble trying to hold on and keep balance :yam:

The phazer don't handle that bad it is just completely different than everything else, it's more of a boondocking jumping sled you can throw around in the air and really beat the s_it out of. Once a guy can get some seat time on them, and im not talking like renting it for a weekend, but actually owning one, you get used to it and the handling and all that jazz comes around. Also simmons skis really wake up the handling :-o

RedBullNytro said:
The phazer don't handle that bad it is just completely different than everything else, it's more of a boondocking jumping sled you can throw around in the air and really beat the s_it out of. Once a guy can get some seat time on them, and im not talking like renting it for a weekend, but actually owning one, you get used to it and the handling and all that jazz comes around. Also simmons skis really wake up the handling :-o
thats what I thought !

i tryed a turbo phazer for about 15 mins in valemount to, and i really enjoyed riding that to, had strong pull for 145 hp and was very manageable

The one we turboed I rode at 12lbs and was a hoot to ride, so i would like to buy one with the turbo and turn it down for my wife and kids and turn it up for me.

Back