• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro xtx

garyr

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX
Guys I have been reading all the different threads on this site for quite some time now, and as the owner of a Nytro xtx I am just wondering is there anyone who is happy with the Nytro sled...all I see on this site is ways to fix the sled. I am a normal rider who is not looking to race, just ride the sled and have no trouble..I have not had the oppurtunity to ride the sled yet due to lack of snow, but I have a bitter taste thinking I am going to have to spend a wod of money to get any enjoyment riding it this season...please someone tell me that I have not wasted my money....thanks

I love my xtx.
It's just like anything else you buy. Nothing is perfect right out of the box. For example, I didn't HAVE to replace the stock skis but I chose to because I wanted more flotation and better handling. There's a difference between needing and wanting. My advice is to ride it and see what things you would like to improve, on another note there are things that NEED to be replaced shortly. Bushings, hyfax, exhaust donuts, ect.

I love my xtx, I'm just the type of person that has to make it my own and improve it. I've always been this way from cars to atv's to sleds.

Hope this helped.

I havent really had any of the problems you read on here..

Only changed the slides because I wanted blue ones..

Stock skis work good all you need is good snow. I have rode other Nytros with different skis didnt seem to be worth it to me..

At 5k miles I replaced the exhaust donuts and a arm bushings.

Before the Nytro I had 3 Arctic Cats and 2 Polaris's all needed a motor before 5k so I am very happy with the Nytro..

People like to complain, make more out of something than it really is. 9/10 times I think it is rider error..
This is the best sled I have owned my goal is 20k miles on it before I trade it in..

Attachments

• Nytro.jpg
    Nytro.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 185
I realized how much I liked my Nytro when everyone else driving other brands was breaking down and I just got on it and drove it. Drive it for at least a season and you will get to know what you want to change on it. I am starting to change mine this year...starting with skis.

People always concentrate on the negative and not the positive... just human nature. It is a great machine, I took mine out last night and I quickly remembered how much I loved the sled. (My buddy who drives a Doo even mentioned how nice of a sled the Nytro is Rare thing for him to say about another brand!)

X2 the comments above....love my Nytro XTX. I've done slides, skis, a pipe (to shed a few in the back when I am stuck) and I am past 5000km with just maintenance. A good friend of mine just went past 12,000km's and front end bushings, exhaust donuts....the usual stuff, and relatively inexpensive stuff.

My yamaha dealer was telling me they only allocate 3 Nytro engines for the maritime provinces in anticipation of failure, and this includes all the racing stock!

Bottom line, they are heavy, bulletproof, and suffer from nagging issues, but the motor and reliablity will ensure these sleds are 20,000km units with only minor maintenance. Find me a 2 smoke that can make that claim.

Now that said, it doesn't mean you won't get a mountian full of wrench heads like me that will take a perfectly good sled (my MTX) and absolutely rebuild it from the ground up with some end game in mind....but we are a rather crazy lot anyway!

OTM

well that is y I bought this machine..just want to get on it and ride..I am in no way a wrench head so any of the mods I make I will probably have to pay through the nose for...it is nice to know that the machine is dependable though, and I hear it is a fun machine

Can't argue with the fact it's difficult to find used XTX's for sale easily.
There are a few small issues that drive guys around the bend. Me included.
I've never put so much extra $$ and wrench time into a sled before.
The sled is so good when all the parts mostly chassis are fresh that I change out the wearing items early.

I have many buds that are just riding them ... running stock skis with 7" car. on them thats all they did....so most of the stuff you read those people will bit$$$ about anything they are riding

Not to worry about the sled you'll find most guys on this forum are advid snowmobilers who are always looking at ways to improve their existing ride. As mentioned earlier no machine is perfect and in fact nothing in life is, but everyone here is basically looking for ways to make an awesome ride even better.

Depends on your riding style .... bought a pair of FX Nytros and modd'd them by lengthening to 144" with 1.75" track and mountain skis ... the shorties didn't suit our riding style and area ... this was before the XTX came out. Much better now for our preferences.
When the XTX came out first it had a 1.25" track — this year you can opt for a 1.75" track stock. Same for the MTX version which has gotten better and more in tune with client preferences - now you can get a factory turbo as well (US only though).

Some issues are legit as with any new design the 1st version is not always perfect .. but then again, could be like some of the BRP stuff which blows up under less than 2000 km. All sled have issues and are designed for the largest market possible which in turn results in trade offs.

Some times you have to change your "style" a bit - first run on our phazer mtn could barely get 1/4 mile without rolling it ... now that my riding style has changed (more aggressive) its a blast!

Ideally, everyone would be able to go for a decent "demo" ride on all the sleds available (youst like with cars & trucks) but unfortunately that doesn't happen ... especially here in NL.

There's not a single forum where people aren't modding and making improvements. I came off a 2008 renegade 800r that I put 3000 miles on. The sled had nothing but problems. It was in the shop every time I got done riding. My nytro hasn't had any mechanical issues it has just over 3000 mile on it. I like many on this and other forums like to have the ultimate machine that suites our riding style and needs. Because my sled hasnt had mechanical issues it has left time and money to do the mods that I have done. You will have to dial the suspension and ride it. Enjoy it.

No matter how good somthing is , everyone is different, You will love it the first time you go riden, Stay off this site and your sled will be perfect, come here if something goes wrong....lol, I love mine and Ive been riden and racin doo since early 90's, tried the 2010 1200 xr x-package 137 and sold it the same year!

rj998 said:
No matter how good somthing is , everyone is different, You will love it the first time you go riden, Stay off this site and your sled will be perfect, come here if something goes wrong....lol, I love mine and Ive been riden and racin doo since early 90's, tried the 2010 1200 xr x-package 137 and sold it the same year!

X2!!! It scared the sh** outta me at first too. But I learned real quick to stay off here if nothing was wrong lol!

Plus...I think yamaha drivers have a higher standard than any other brands out there. I have lots of friends that just hop on their polaris without checking a thing. I'm sure if they cared to check...there would be plenty of suspension issues, bad bushings, worn highfax, busted boggies, etc...

Back