• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off-roading...kinda.

Ike

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Vmax-4 MountainMax 800
As some of you might know, I work as a silviculture supervisor for our Forest and Park service here in Finland. So, I do get go outside quite alot then.

Our yearly planting season is underway. As you can see from the pics.

Record cold start for this summer : still some snow on the higher areas... +4c weather and rain. Not fun.

We loaned 2 Hägglund BV 206 personnel carrier´s from the Finnish Defence Force this week (check that youtube link). Awesome machines when going off-road over peatlands!

The armament was taken off (ofcourse LOL) from the BV´s. They are not armor plated carriers and usually they have one single barrel .50 cal machinegun on the roof. You can see footage from the gunners position in that video (when i go to the roof hatch).

High mobility is the key when going trough our forests and peatlands. BV´s can swim and they take 17 peole + gear. They used theese in the tsunami rescue and are very popular over the world in different armies . And BV´s come in lots of different engine variants. I did spend lot of time inside theese things when I was in the army...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNxnYgzJZqY

Kaaresselk003-1.jpg

Kaaresselk005-1.jpg

Kursanjnk002.jpg

One of the BV´s

Kursanjnk004.jpg

Riesivaara002-1.jpg

Planting area (my white Toyota on the background)

Ike

And I thought my Grizzly with tracks was sweet !!! ... LOL !!!

Thanks for the pics ...

Later ...

Back