• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off season

Vmax

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre
I realize this is a sled forum but just curious as to what folks do in the off season.
We have a 27' boat that we keep at a marina on Lake St Clair in Ontario. Mostly use it for a cabin on the water and spend every weekend on it. We do take some day trips on the Lake throughout the summer. I play a little golf and fish Walleye on Lake Erie with our two boys (our oldest has a 20' Legend that is set up for fishing Walleye on Erie) other than that start preparing for the sled season in the fall after the boat gets dry docked.

got to camp, fish, target shoot, atv rides (including ty) and then get rdy for fall when i hunt, fish, trail build and help a buddy out with trapping until dec some time. usually do sled maintenece after work to relax and get rdy for next season. think i have to do 9 sleds this year with 1 engine rebuild and 2 re install/get running.

Last edited:
Spend time in the UP fighting the biggest mesquites ever seen on earth. Then take 3 weeks off in the fall when they die and enjoy the fall colors fishing. And smoking lots of good cigars dreaming of massive lake effect snow events. I’ll take it!

Motorcycles Motorcycles Motorcycles. That's my jam.

Do a little bit of spring atving, lots of fly fishing in my spare time, sitting back at the lake having a cold beer around the camp fire with some family and friends, hunting in the fall with some more atving, then waiting for it to snow.

Do some spring walleye fishing followed by planting several food plots for deer hunting. When it gets warm out the pontoon hits the local lake every weekend possible. Dug a pond last fall so lots of grooming seeding and ideas brewing.

My wife and I are spending April-no snowmobiling left-in the warmth of southern Missouri in the RV then we return to the lake for pontooning, pulling the kids and grandkids tubing, skiing, plus swimming & grilling with friends and family. We’ve been Blessed with a great start to this retirement thing

Enjoy the off season folks, hope we have a great 2022 winter....if covid allows :(

I spend most of my time in my Ranger 620, splitting time between walleye fishing on Green Bay or chasing muskies at our cabin near Minocqua. Usually have the boat out fishing until December. In between it's out on the trails in the Wolverine X2 around home.

raw

#*$&@ that didn't work...I will try again

Back