• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Relocator problem - bottom bracket doesnt sit flush?

sledsearcher

Extreme
Tonight I went to install my OFT relocator and I cannot get the bottom bracket to sit flush. With everything mounted the bottom bracket rubs and obviously the steering is HARD. I have to be doing something wrong but can't figure it out. It seems like I should have been bending the studs w/out the bottom bracket on, but that is not the directions. Attached is a pic, let me know what you think, I am at a loss.

Attachments

• 0116002219.jpg
    0116002219.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 83

Yup, remove the bushing, put a deep socket over the studs (10 or 12 mm maybe ?) attached to an extension, and bend the studs down slightly until the bushing sits flush against the plate. Just take your time and check the positioning often till you get it.

Yep, your studs are not bent down enough. The pic in the directions is a bit deceiving since you bend the studs without the block in place.

I used a big channel locks and just grabbed the aluminum block with the channel locks and bent them that way. Worked good. I couldn't get it quite right using a deep socket.

The channel locks scuffed the block a little, so after I was done I removed the block and cleaned it up with the grinder

Well I am a little slow sometimes. . . Scott from OFT and I sent some emails back and forth. Got the bracket installed correctly and everything feels great! routing the cables proved to be more difficult than I anticipated (not just the throttle). I really like the new position of the bars. At just under 6' I don't think there will be any need for a riser.

I just received mine and i do not believe there was instructions on bending anything. I could be wrong did not fully open package. Is there instructions on doing this????

lol

the instructions are on the website...theres a small piece of paper with the address on it. yes u have to bend the studs, and reroute the throttle cable. to bend studs a small pipe works better...aka bottle jack handle. trying to do the bend right at the frame....without the OFT block on there. if u use a 14mm deep socket, its not deep enough and the stuff will bend in the middle. others have had good luck with channel locks.
u'll love it once its done!!

Back