• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Roll Over Valve/ Tether Installation -- kill switch mod

Super Sled

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Summit X
Hello all, I'm installing OFT's roll over valve (rov) kit/ Pro Armor tether kit onto my MTX and I've also heard there is a way to purposely disable your kill switch during the process, as many riders using tethers also do. Can anyone explain the process or point me in the direction of how to disable the kill switch?

Thx all!

Mike aka SS

Did your rov kit come with the jumper plug to keep the kill switch circuit close? I didn't use mine so you are more than welcome to it if you need it. And I have to look but I think you just unplug the kill and plug the jumper into the sled. The oft online directions have it on there in red print I'm pretty sure.

mcamzr said:
Did your rov kit come with the jumper plug to keep the kill switch circuit close? I didn't use mine so you are more than welcome to it if you need it. And I have to look but I think you just unplug the kill and plug the jumper into the sled. The oft online directions have it on there in red print I'm pretty sure.

Shoot, maybe I missed it. Ok, thanks!!!!!!

Funny you should ask...I just put mine on about an hour ago! Follow your kill switch wire down about 2.5 feet(or so). There will be a mess of wires that get all bundled together in a little rubber deal smaller than a pop can. Pull that rubber thing open, theres a few plugs in there, one of them is for your kill switch. Just unplug it, and loop the wires on the end with power so it can still continue the loop. Just leave the wires to the kill switch open and tape/strap them up somewhere, or cut them off, I really don't care what you do with them!lol

JDen said:
Funny you should ask...I just put mine on about an hour ago! Follow your kill switch wire down about 2.5 feet(or so). There will be a mess of wires that get all bundled together in a little rubber deal smaller than a pop can. Pull that rubber thing open, theres a few plugs in there, one of them is for your kill switch. Just unplug it, and loop the wires on the end with power so it can still continue the loop. Just leave the wires to the kill switch open and tape/strap them up somewhere, or cut them off, I really don't care what you do with them!lol

Sounds the same way in concept to how you disable TORS....

Got it done! I was being a "guy" as my wife would say and not reading the directions, lol!

But OFT ROV/ tether is in stalled and ready to roll!
ad014381.jpg

And of course I disabled the kill switch. The install took four hours, but that included tear down and removal of the old steering blocks and install of three OFT steering blocks!
2796061d.jpg

You are not ok by just hitting the kill switch. The oil will still leak out. When the rov teacher is pulled it closes the valve to stop the oil from leaking.

Where are you guys mounting the tether? There's no spare room on my bars that I find suitable for placement. So I just made up an aluminum plate (drilled and tapped) that i'm going to mount under the plastic just above the gas cap, and then mount the tether there on the plastic, with some rigidity from the plate below.. I think its going to be a good spot.

I was out of real estate as well. I have mine mounted to a plate that mounts to the bottom of the riser. I found a pic of it in a thread a while ago so I called oft and they had one I bough for I think $5. Maybe free I can't remember. But if you don't have the relocater it will hit the gas cap on the nytro

Back