• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Only seeing 103-105 mph

HAPEX

Apex has only 856 miles on new sled with original belt but has done some towing ( 2 blown up doo's) I think i should be seing higher numbers. Belt maybe? it doesn't appear glazed or worn, and My new spare doesn't ride higher in the secondary. Could this one have stretched not allowing for full upshift? :exc:

Hard packed snow, thing still pulls like a freight train but doesnt seem to to hit the numbers it was 100 or so miles ago.

sled revs right around 10 500, plugs only have 856 miles on them the sleds only 6 weeks old. track is set to Yamaha specs.

On a hardpack the best I got with my APEX L-TX bone stock on GPS is 109mph @ 11.000rpm's and I weigh 225lbs sled had 6000kms or so...give her time to LOOSEN (motor and track) up it takes them a while, also make sure that all idler BEARINGS are in top shape, a bad bearing can rob you big time on top end! and the other BIG factor is FUEL quality only use 87 OCTANE you will LOSE performance with higher octane in a stock motor as much as 200 to 400 rpm's.

I also way in aroubnd 220, wow it seems most APEX boys are big lol. the only reason I am concerned is because I was pulling 110 115 on the dream meter before.

HAPEX,

Snow conditions can really effect top speed. You are a little low on RPM's (should be 10,800 or so). I would try a new belt. Towing those Doo's can hurt the belt performance (I know first hand) LOL!

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

You won't get the max out of the sled until you have at least 1000 miles on it. I don't know if it is a chip delay or just break-in, but after 1000, hold on. You should see 110-115 out of it with your weight. Wig

apex#1 said:
a stock apex usally will only get 108 average
Do you mean speedo,or gps,because gps is what all my apex/attaks have and now again do run,i have already ran 111 gps on one of our hard rr grades and even on rain soaked trails last friday i still got 100 gps and 114 dreameter,but on any kind of hard running rr grades 120-125 speedo is not out of the question,oh ya 07 apex gt bone stock.

This is my first post I have an 09 ltx most of the time i'm seeing 105 on the speedo I have seen 110 a couple of times I have 1200 miles on the sled, besides top end I love the sled

Xcavater said:
This is my first post I have an 09 ltx most of the time i'm seeing 105 on the speedo I have seen 110 a couple of times I have 1200 miles on the sled, besides top end I love the sled
I now have 1067 miles on mine,and unless the snow is like it was last fri and sat morning here in caribou,which was sloopy at best,it always runs 114-124 speedo on good trails,are you all stock?

Back