• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Only seeing 103-105 mph

Yup, all stock had a service done around 600 miles in Rangeley asked mike to check it over track tension etc... haven't really checked things close myself but broke it in the way they said to, belt should be fine haven't slipped it or anything I was hoping the 09 speedos were more accurate or something but sounds like yours is running the way I expected mine to.

Xcavater said:
Yup, all stock had a service done around 600 miles in Rangeley asked mike to check it over track tension etc... haven't really checked things close myself but broke it in the way they said to, belt should be fine haven't slipped it or anything I was hoping the 09 speedos were more accurate or something but sounds like yours is running the way I expected mine to.
I know one thing now about these 4-strokes they need to be broken in just like a 2-stroke hard right out of the gate to seat the rings,i broke my first 4-stroke in by yamahas book and it smoked,used oil and was not all that fast stock,that was my 03 rx1,and sense 06 attak all mine have run very fast,sense i run them like i stole them lol..

I'll check my rpms out next time I get a chance I think they were either 1000 or 10500 that could be some of it but I expected the sled to run about 10 mph faster still a great sled though sounds great pulls some great wheelies and as far as trail comfort / smoothnes no complaints. Rode from rangeley to kokadjo for lunch and back not a sore muscle on the body :-o

Unless you're being passed by sleds that shouldn't be able to dont worry about it. Conditions have such a HUGE effect on day to day top speed.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Xcavater said:
This is my first post I have an 09 ltx most of the time i'm seeing 105 on the speedo I have seen 110 a couple of times I have 1200 miles on the sled, besides top end I love the sled
I now have 1067 miles on mine,and unless the snow is like it was last fri and sat morning here in caribou,which was sloopy at best,it always runs 114-124 speedo on good trails,are you all stock?

Do the LTX's have different gearing than the short track models?? Wig

I am with vice 108, for my Apex now with 7k+ miles its conditions conditions conditions.

For example, I had come to the conclusion I had lost top end because for a few good conditioned trails I was really sruggling to get 108 -110 on speedo. I was thiniking belt, track, slides bearings, dounuts, you name it. Then last ride, she was climbing strong at 116 when I ran out of visible trail and backed off. I felt like it was going to be low to mid 120's if I had room. My belt has 2500 miles on it as do the slides and the bearings will get checked this spring when the skid frame comes out.

So like vice said if you loose ground to a sled you know how you compare with is the best indicator.

If your like me (alot of us on this forum) I /we worry about a lot of things that are not wrong lol
Yamadoo

wigman1 said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
Xcavater said:
This is my first post I have an 09 ltx most of the time i'm seeing 105 on the speedo I have seen 110 a couple of times I have 1200 miles on the sled, besides top end I love the sled
I now have 1067 miles on mine,and unless the snow is like it was last fri and sat morning here in caribou,which was sloopy at best,it always runs 114-124 speedo on good trails,are you all stock?

Do the LTX's have different gearing than the short track models?? Wig

Yes - the LTX has a 23 top gear versus a 24 top gear on short tracks. Most have found, however, that the 23 is quicker and still has the same top-end as the 24. Many (me included) have changed to the LTX gearing.

Well a bit better today I saw 112 on the pond. Sled pulls very hard I'm not too worried just saw all the posts saying 120 plus figured I had a lemon but even if I do I'm still happy and I have 1300 miles on original slides and still have stock skis I don't think they are that bad rode sleds my whole life some wiggled a bit more than others just doesn't bother me enough to spend four or five hundred yet

I just bought a 09 LTX and the 09s speedos are alot closer than the earlier years. I blew up my 06 RTX and would constantly see 118 plus on the trail. I saw 131 once on HARD HARD packed road but I also carry a GPS and the best I ever saw on it was 116 GPS. Most of the time it was in the 105 to 110 area GPS on trails depending on conditions. My new LTX I thought was way slow since I'm use to the DM but up in the County two weeks ago I saw 109 speedo which then showed 105 GPS so the new ones are wayyyyy closer. Best I saw was 109 GPS on hard packed RR bed. I personally think this new LTX is faster from bottom to about same top and my 06 RTX had some mods and I only had 300+/- miles on the new one I raced three 07 Apexs 1 GT , 1 ER, 1 RTX and beat all of them from stand still and roll ons the RTX was non studded so I'll give him a break I also raced a 03 F7 with some mods and took him by at least 4-5 lengths and raced a new Z1 Turbo but from a roll on at 40 or so and he started to pull me at first but I caught him and passed him them KABOOM his belt blew so I'll race him next year when I have more miles and him a new belt LOL So don't worry about the speedo yamaha finally calibrated them right. Get a GPS and try it. Mark

Back