• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ontario, Canada prices -- who's got the deals?

i sold my '05 F7 a couple weeks ago and got around to a couple dealers today to check out prices on the '09 RTX's .......

a couple were close to $13,900 out the door ....... the other one was $13,400 + pdi/taxes/lisence .........

i've also checked across the border -- you could maybe save $1200-1500 if you wanna drive down and deal with the border.........

is anyone getting much better deals than $13,900 out-the-door?

thanks

YAMAHA MOTORSPORTS PICKERING
Had the best price in Ontario when I did my early buy. But I bought from
BRACEBRIDGE YAMAHA
Gary matched the price. I have bought all my stuff from him. Very good place to deal with.

yeah pickering yamaha wasn't bad it was one of the lower prices........

hey legend.........yeah i'll check with central power tomorrow.......any other places worth checking out up around you?

you going to the show this month?

l8tr

adrenalin_rush said:
i sold my '05 F7 a couple weeks ago and got around to a couple dealers today to check out prices on the '09 RTX's .......

a couple were close to $13,900 out the door ....... the other one was $13,400 + pdi/taxes/lisence .........

i've also checked across the border -- you could maybe save $1200-1500 if you wanna drive down and deal with the border.........

is anyone getting much better deals than $13,900 out-the-door?

thanks
ENVY RIDES MISSISSAUGA

XTX model.
Was quoted $12,900 before tax at one dealer.
Then 12,300 at another dealer which would be approx. 13,900 with tax.

After your exchange rate and tax at the border I'd think you would be lucky to get away with a $2000 saving, but more likely $1500.
Assuming you paid $10,000 USD out the door for an XTX.

Any NY based USA dealers want my almost on par Canada dollars?
Let me know... Feel free to PM me.

Mach9

mach9 said:
XTX model.
Was quoted $12,900 before tax at one dealer.
Then 12,300 at another dealer which would be approx. 13,900 with tax.

After your exchange rate and tax at the border I'd think you would be lucky to get away with a $2000 saving, but more likely $1500.
Assuming you paid $10,000 USD out the door for an XTX.

Any NY based USA dealers want my almost on par Canada dollars?
Let me know... Feel free to PM me.

Mach9

That's not true, US dealers were spring checking XTX for $8428 OTD (no state tax when exporting)

Then add shipping $250 exchange $600 and RVI fee $200 your now in canada for under $9500 then you pay taxes on the lower US price saving of over $500 in taxes

Total after everything taxes and all your on the snow for around $10500 CDN saving over $3000!!!

Ya, I guess you are right.
No state taxes at the dealer for out of country buyers.

Who needs a 1 year warentee anyway.
I didn't get squat support from my local dealer for my 2008.
I had it there for months and told them to look over my front bushings etc.
They told me to take it home nothing wrong with it.
After 3300 km you might think the sloppy steering comes from something.

Cheers

mach9 said:
Ya, I guess you are right.
No state taxes at the dealer for out of country buyers.

Who needs a 1 year warentee anyway.
I didn't get squat support from my local dealer for my 2008.
I had it there for months and told them to look over my front bushings etc.
They told me to take it home nothing wrong with it.
After 3300 km you might think the sloppy steering comes from something.

Cheers

Ya this is why I don't go for the best price, I know i pay $300.00 to 500.00 more every time I buy a sled but my dealer is great, looks after me no matter what the issue is. Last year he put on new lower a arms with only one ride left in the season and told me then to bring it back this fall to get the new lower ball joints done........ good service is priceless!!!!

Ya this is why I don't go for the best price, I know i pay $300.00 to 500.00 more every time I buy a sled but my dealer is great, looks after me no matter what the issue is. Last year he put on new lower a arms with only one ride left in the season and told me then to bring it back this fall to get the new lower ball joints done........ good service is priceless!!!!

I didn't figure I got the best price last year.
I simply was using my local dealer for a little convenience.
I'll still go there and buy accessories and other consumables, but I can't say I'll go there for service.
They were nice enough and I think they tried to make an effort for me.
But I mostly think Yamaha was holding them back.
In the end I got very little support from my local dealer for the issues that I had with my 2008.
When buying new every year or 2 I'll need better options.

Cheers

I paid $11,400 at Tri-City in Waterloo for my XTX. That includes 3-year warranty and $500 worth of gear. Great local service with NO warranty hassles like when you buy out of country.

Back