• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Open Face Moto Cross style helmet help

I ordered mine right from their website just using their helmet sizing chart, closest dealer to me was 60 miles away. Same with the Pro-Vue goggles, all online ordering. Yes, the quick strap holds the goggles snug. I am astonished at how comfortable and well built the Scorpion is with the Pro-Vue goggles. I'm going to order another setup like this for the wife. It sure makes riding fun when the helmet and goggles work this well together.

KnappAttack said:
I ordered mine right from their website just using their helmet sizing chart, closest dealer to me was 60 miles away. Same with the Pro-Vue goggles, all online ordering. Yes, the quick strap holds the goggles snug. I am astonished at how comfortable and well built the Scorpion is with the Pro-Vue goggles. I'm going to order another setup like this for the wife. It sure makes riding fun when the helmet and goggles work this well together.

Is wind noise pretty much gone with this setup?

I have been thinking about switching to some bigger goggles as my Yamaha (leader brand) do not go the side of the helmet and the wind noise is unbearable. My ears are ringing after a ride it is so loud.

Still have some wind noise, but no track noise or drone. You would have to wear earplugs to get rid of all the wind noise. Sound like yours is very loud. I also taped off front vents with two pieces of black tape to keep the cool air from the top of my head. You would want those open on a hot mountain ride I suppose.

KnappAttack said:
Just bought the finest combo I have ever had. Scorpion EXO Stalker, and Pro-Vue goggles w/quick strap. I wore this combo in the UP last week down to 5 degrees and never even put a head sock on!!!!!! The goggles seal perfectly all the way around the helmet and let no air in whatsoever. The Pro-Vues come with 3 different colored lenses that just snap on the clear lens with two snaps. Change colors in less than 15 seconds. This combo is the most comfortable I have ever had. I can put it on and take it off without removing the goggles. It is so much more comfortable than the HJC and Scotts that I replaced. I have had 2-Bells, Thor, HJC and now the Scorpion. I would HIGHLY recommend the Scorpion and Pro-Vue combo. You won't find a better package for snowmobiling.
I agree. I have the Scorpion VX-14 Spitfire helmet and the Pro-Vue goggles with the regular strap. The goggles fit the helmet perfectly, and seal well. I get no fogging. The helmet is extremely comfortable. My favorite part of the helmet is the breath box. Most motocross helmets have a cheap, mostly useless breathbox, which is why they tend to be so cold. The Scorpion breath box snaps in under the cheek pads, and is really a very nice piece. It fits nicely around my nose with a thick piece of foam that prevents my breath from getting up into the eye area. The bottom side of the breath box has a nice fabric-net to breath through, which keeps your chin warm as well as warms the air that you're breathing. I also really like the quick-change lense system on the Pro Vues too. I carry a yellow and orange lense with me so I can change based on conditions.

Back