• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinions Needed... Best suspension setup for my 09 GT LTX

yamisxr

Hey Everyone, I'm looking for input... ;)!

I'm 6'2", 220 and haven't had great conditions for any trail tuning. Here's what I've done to the sled; 1) 108 studs down the middle, 2) USI X2 Triple Threat Skis with 6" Stub Boy Shaper bars, 3) I have set the Mono Shock pre load at one from the firmest notch (I believe that is 6). I have dialed the RA 1/4 turn towards soft from the middle (neutral) setting. The front clickers are at the stock setting as well as the spring preload.

Apex LTX riders welcom to comment too!

Let's see what ya got for me! :Rockon:

I have an 09 LTX, and it sounds like you are doing pretty well. Only adjustment I would do would be try to make your front A arms close to leve, and pull up the limiter one notch from stock...

Thanks, I will check my A arms for level and adjust as necessary.

About the limiter strap; if I make it one notch tighter, will that put more pressure on my skis? It's quite a workout already with my ski set up. What are the reasons for pulling in the limiter?

yamisxr said:
Thanks, I will check my A arms for level and adjust as necessary.

About the limiter strap; if I make it one notch tighter, will that put more pressure on my skis? It's quite a workout already with my ski set up. What are the reasons for pulling in the limiter?

It could have a littler but I would say your transfer bar is going to have more effect on it. In leveling your A-arms I would try to get them 1 7/8" apart from each other. If you want look at the set up the catman put on for the 2010 Vector GT LTX. I would think it could be similiar.

Re: Opinions Needed... Best suspension setup for my 09 GT LT

yamisxr said:
Hey Everyone, I'm looking for input... ;)!

I'm 6'2", 220 and haven't had great conditions for any trail tuning. Here's what I've done to the sled; 1) 108 studs down the middle, 2) USI X2 Triple Threat Skis with 6" Stub Boy Shaper bars, 3) I have set the Mono Shock pre load at one from the firmest notch (I believe that is 6). I have dialed the RA 1/4 turn towards soft from the middle (neutral) setting. The front clickers are at the stock setting as well as the spring preload.

Apex LTX riders welcom to comment too!

Let's see what ya got for me! :Rockon:
might be 1 notch too many in the back. maybe not. you should have around 1.750 to 2.00 between the collars on the front shocks. the clicker adjustments on the front shocks and the dial on the tunnel are more for rider comfort then anything else. so you just have to play with those as conditions change. i have 108 up the middle and it might need a few more but its close. what you like and what i like will always be different.i have shaper bars on the stock skis and i now fight the darting issue. when i had the stock carbides mine NEVER darted but it Never turned either. there is a set of pilots in my future if the "dart less" trick doesn't work out. :4STroke:

Back