• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Options for fixing egged out tunnel hole

jkraeger

Veteran
What are my options for fixing a skid mounting hole that has egged out. Suspension destroyed itself last week and the front mounting bolt sheared off and left the hole elongated. I assume this must be fixed since it will just continue to elongate if I don't. See attached pic.

Attachments

• egged tunnel.jpg
    egged tunnel.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 107

I had that happen last year when the bolt loosened up. Take your skid out and look in the tunnel. There is a bracket that you will have to replace. On the outside of the tunnel just make up an additional support plate. I did this to both sides and didnt' have another problem. Make sure to loctite the suspension bolts when they go back in.

Hole

My RS had the same issue last season and like said above there is a bracket/brace you can buy and simply bolt it on the tunnel. I also did both sides and lock-tited the snot out of the bolts. Just about twenty five hundred miles later, no problems.......

Hole

57- 8GT-21967-10-00 .PATCH 7
58- 90267-47197-00 RIVET

Here are the part numbers for the braces and the rivots needed.......

Hole

next time you are in a sled shop take a look at the 07 and newer tunnels, you will see that most of higher horse power sleds actually come with the braces on the tunnels. If you have a good relationship with your dealer take the sled to them and see if they will warranty the braces.

My 06 Nytro was covered under warranty for the braces to be installed. Just an idea........

Yea mine did the same thing. No surprise on the back order. Just like all the other parts for these things. (remember the starters that were back ordered to summer last year)

Back