• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Original OWNERS of 06's-are you one?

10 yrs old!!! Find me a 10 yr old Polaris that is in half the shape these Yamaha's are in!!!
Another great season last year, and looking forward to the upcoming season!
Going to start the usual maintenance this weekend...yes, I'm giving in, I'm installing CR10EK plugs...been running R0373-10 NGK race plugs since 07! lol

Here's another vid to get that blood pumping! 10000rpm and pulling 120mph with ease!

Yes we still have two apes in our fleet that are 06's my boys original 06 rtx with like 3200 on it,and my 06 gt that my other son has had for two seasons,and i am now an owner of 2015 xtx 144 that last year i put 3000 trouble free miles on,ya its a little heavy when you get it stuck,well ok its a ton and a half when you got a 144 buried in 4' feet of snow,lol in fact i dropped a nut trying to lift it by myself,before i called a friend,who came to my aid on my wifes little 600 poo and a comalong and rope,heck even with both of us turning it around in deep snow,in a tight trail,well it was a bitch,but i still love it,and will keep it for many years to come.

I spring ordered my 06 apex
Cant even explain how excited i was to pick it up!!
After 13000 hard hard miles it has been retired as my back up/spare sled.
Have to say it seldom let me down and always put a smile on my face. Even for the 1 ride i took it on last year.
Not planning on getting rid of it any time soon but eventually that day will come and it will be hard.
Great trail sled with the hands down best motor ever put into a snowmobile

Snow Checked my Attak in March of 05. $9,450 studded. Ironically 9470 miles on it now. Cracked rails. pivot arms, oil reservoir and 2 ribs in no particular order. Sled welded up several times and my ribs healed up. Now the old sled is getting a new track and a skid rebuild after passing on a 2016 Apex and i don't feel like i'm riding something obsolete.

Yup, original 06 owner here. Snowchecked mine in early April of 05 after seeing them up in Batavia, NY.
Put a BUNCH more $$$ into mine AGAIN this off-season (see sig). Gonna be one awesome machine this season and am itching to see how well it runs. I'm betting its gonna surprise a few SW owners, even with a lot less hp. With the newly installed YC, I'm looking to be in the low 180's hp wise.

owned a 2006 Apex GT 121 for 2 years, then went to an 08 anniversary LTX. Still have it with 31,000kms. water pump gasket is only major thing to fail so far! Bulletproof.

I loved my 06 GT for >11000 miles, I had a great never left me on trail experience.

My only Complaint was the rear electric controlled shock failing x2 replaced once on YES then bought a used non adjustable.

I now have 13 XTX that I like for speed / acceleration but for ride, handling prefer my Viper (yamacat)

Been on sleds for 40 years.... bang for the buck its the best I have ever owned and been on. ( will likely never sell it) The Winder could be the only to top it but time will tell. But the cost???

Got my attak in July of 05. Now have 11 and 17. Sled would stay with yamacharged and dyno tuned attak.Just sold at 4400 miles. Was tough to part with.

Back