• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OSP Jim coming to dyno tune Friday A.M.

onestopjim said:

Man that thing just took off on the dyno. I am no dyno expert but I do know the longer you can hold hp for the more accurate the data you get is. So because it spiked and flashed 562 hp on the screen do you think this is a valid number? Maybe there would have been more hp if the motor was held at peek hp for a few seconds but the dyno had to play catch up on the motor and the run was aborted. Like I said I am no expert.

You said “we made 537 hp with our own block on 1000cc with mild tune (meaning 75 percent of her potential)â€￾ does this mean that you motor is capable and been at 670 to 750 hp depending on how you do the math or is that what your fuel system is good for. What kind of fuel were you running.

I don't no what kind of test that was. It didn't seem to be a steady state test or a sweep test. It sounded like a O MY GOD I DON'T HAVE A BIG ENOUGH DYNO TEST!!! I don't think Dynotech will say that was a valid test unless you were able to make at least two pulls back to back within a couple of percent of each other. Not taking anything away from your engine because it sounded like it over ran the dyno, but dyno testing should be more scientific. For those that don't know dyno testing there are basically two ways to test. Steady state test you hold the engine at a predetermined rpm for two to five seconds to let the engine stabilize or a sweep test that brings the engine from a base rpm to the upper rpm at a steady acceleration rate of approximately 100 rpm per .5 seconds. Here is an example of a sweep test. Please don't think I'm bashing because I have the utmost respect for Both Jim & Jim. But don't think that I wont be gunning for OSP one day at Hay Days with our supercharged Yamaha. (Don't suppose you will spot me one of those bad azz OSP Nytro chassis huh???) LOL Good job guys. :die :die :die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmtJfItkV9g

Well that was start of the last pull I lean out the ramp up in the fuel table just on that pull to get past the rich hump that I need in real world passes and if you listen close you hear it pop 3 times it went to lean and deto and pushed water out the rad cap had this not happen and we made a full Dyno run our motors will make 600+ hp these are race motors that in the real race world would run in loaded mode for 5 sec at the Dyno we where seeing twice the heat in air and water than I would ever run at a race bottom line as you can see this motor made 562 in 2 seconds and was climbing this was 35 pounds of boost on that run and AF of 11.1

I didn't go to the Dyno to tune I did this to check fuel flow and for fun I race at races not the Dyno we have already proved that before this see you on the ice

neonphil said:
Congradulations Jim!!

onestop.jpg
I am very surprised that dynotech jim has not posted about the 562hp number after all its on his dyno screen. :dunno:

Hey, Jim (Dynotech) Is your knock sensor stereo or mono??? LOL. Seriously, thou with all of the sophisticated electronics the trained human ear can detect knock quicker and better than most all of them. You just have to know what to listen for. That's why a knowledgeable dyno operator is so important. Good job OSP.

promod63 said:
Hey, Jim (Dynotech) Is your knock sensor stereo or mono??? LOL. Seriously, thou with all of the sophisticated electronics the trained human ear can detect knock quicker and better than most all of them. You just have to know what to listen for. That's why a knowledgeable dyno operator is so important. Good job OSP.

My dyno knock sensor is mono, plumbed into the left ear of my Harbor Freight $2.99 ear protectors. Yes I hear every click of deto and yes I knew OSP was clicking at 537 and on the edge making my armpits even wetter, so I'm confident that OSP with very slightly different tuning/ more octane will be even more powerful. 600 is coming.

Back