• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Painting nyteo plastics

Kirkdking

Extreme
Looking at doing a custom paint job on my nytro I paint with base and clear coat already but don't think it will hold up on plastic what's the trick for painting plastic?

Probably need a flex agent and adhesion promoter. Buddy of mine just painted his blue with a pearl clear coat. The painter didn't know how it was going to turn out so this is kind of a test for them. Color looks nice. I would worry the most about any of the plastic along the bottom of the sled. That will see the most wear. A guy could put the clear 3m vinyl in those areas to help protect it better.

When I painted any plastic at my body shop i would out a rough sand on them like 220, then clean them off really well an prime an back them in the booth. Wet sand an re prime if needed. Mind you i used all automotive metalux paint. Always turned out great

Back