• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Peak RPM Increase after 200 -500 miles of breakin ?

jdm

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
850 G4
What should one expect the RPM to increase with stock clutching for the Attack /Apex after 200-500 miles of breakin ? Curious if it bumps significantly or not. tx

On my 06 Attak last year i saw rpm increases twice. Once was at about 200 miles & the next was at about 800 miles. I was running aftermarket clutching & all of a sudden rpm,s went up about 300 & I needed to add more weight to the primary. It happened twice at the above mileage intervals.

RPM Increases as motor breaks in

By stock- I mean "you do not change anything to your stock clutching calibrations during the breakin period."

Per Turk I understand the RPM, will jump at least 300 RPM, afte 200 plus miles, if it baselines at 10500RPM and after breakin (200 plus miles) its pulling 10800 RPM question then is whether the motor is still in the optimum power band ? or do you need to add pin weight to bring her back?

With stock clutching it hit 10000 rpm till 200 miles. rpm,s then crept up to 10,200 ish. At 800 miles i hit 10,700 on perfect conditions with stock clutching. I probably changed clutching combos 2-3 times a week just to keep myself honest.

Yup after 200 miles on very hard packed road,with a bare track it would run up to 11,000 sometimes. all stock no studs.

How much rpm loss would be seen with 192 studs?

Back