• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Cold Start Update

gaheinzm

Just wondering if you guys know what is or what is involved with the cold start update. My 07 Phazer FX is suppose to fall within the range of serial numbers that were eligible for the cold start update. My local dealer went to order what was needed and was told by Yamaha that they didn't have it and it was discontinued. Just wondering if you guys have any knowledge on this? I'd really like to get this update done as it seems to take a long time to get fired up.

I just had 2 Phazer GT's done a couple of weeks ago. The kits had been on order a very long time.

We were also having bad overheating issues and were able to get the fan kits installed. I had to really argue to get Yami to do it. They wanted me to pay and I told them "this is a design issue" and that I've owned 18 Yamahas and believe I should be treated better than that. They called back the dealer with authorization to install.

I got the fan installed after the first season when they issued the recall on the steering part problem. My dealer got that taken care of for me by Yamaha. My dealer is really good about being able to get stuff done. When I called about the cold start update after seeing something about it on here, he ran the serial number and also found that there was a ball joint update. They got the ball joints but no cold start update. They called to see where the cold start update was at and Yamaha told them they didn't have anymore and that they weren't available anymore. Seems weird people were just starting to mention this update maybe a month ago and some just getting them done and now there's none left?? I know the service guy at the dealer real well and he wouldn't feed me a line of bs. I'm hoping that Port Yamaha could shed some light on this for me since they seem to be a pretty prominent Yamaha dealer.

gaheinzm - sorry for the slow delay in responding to this but I don't have much info to offer on this. I don't believe our service dept has done any of these to date. That bulletin is really related to extreme cold starting problems (-15F or colder) and doesn't happen on all Phazers even if they are in the affected range. We don't often see those types of temperatures in our area so we really haven't had any sleds brought in with that complaint. If you have had issues with your sled starting in those temperatures I guess I would bring the sled into a dealer and see if there is anything they could do by working with Yamaha's service reps but if you haven't had any starting issues I don't think I would worry too much about it as most likely your sled doesn't need anything done. Wish I could help more.

Cold start

Cold start isues , I had my Phazer at the dealer for some other updates earlier in the season , the cold start ? came up and this is what I was told they have to go into the head replace the oil pump compression spring , (this lowers the required oil pressure that are machines ECU,s require to fire) then there is something that needs to be clearanced it there . They then instal the new ECU and re-map it . Im sure I missed something but this will give you the basic idea of what is involved .The Phazer will not start until the oil pressure is up so we dont have a dry start thats why they turn over quite a few times , when mine was new it would not start for 12-15 revolutions now it has a couple hundred miles on it and it starts in about 5-6 when it is cold sometimes a few more sometimes less . Hope this helps you guys that needed this info .

Back